cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address printing issue in SAPSCRIPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting address printing issue in address in sapscript .

Here is my address format in the script.

/: ADDRESS DELIVERY PARAGRAPH ZA LINES 10

/: TITLE &KNA1-ANRED&

/: NAME &KNA1-NAME1&, &KNA1-NAME2&, &KNA1-NAME3&, &KNA1-NAME4&

/: STREET &ADRC-STREET&

/: LOCATION &ADRC-STR_SUPPL1

/: POBOX &KNA1-PFACH& CODE &KNA1-PSTL2&

/: POSTCODE &KNA1-PSTLZ&

/: REGION &KNA1-REGIO&

/: CITY &KNA1-ORT01&, KNA1-ORT02&

/: COUNTRY &KNA1-LAND1&

/: FROMCOUNTRY &T001-LAND1&

/: ENDADDRESS

Here in the above code I had added LOCATION and modified the STREET field value.

Moved the changes to QAS server along with the driver program., confirmed all the related transports are moved.

While testing in QAS , i noticed that after LOCATION print I am getting blank space and then the remaining fields are printed.

For example:

casa velas boutique hotel

Attn: Marie John

AV. cocoterosss

63550 Nuevo Vallarta, Nayarit,

MEXICO.

In the above example the third line the LOCATION data.

The surprise here is that I am not getting blank space in DEV , I had checked all the transports, and all are ok.

Please advice me where I am wrong, ie why i am getting blank space in QAS whereas it not showing in DEV.

Thanks in advance.

Vengal Rao.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check the table KNA1 values in QA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

The problem was I could not understand the way the ADDRESS .. END ADDRESS function module behaves, I was surprised how the address was printing the different way. Now I found that it prints as per SAP Standards. Checked for other customers and found everything was OK.

Thanks to all others for helping me in this issue.

So, i CLOSE THIS ISSUE AS ANSWERED.

Vengal Rao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just curious, why

&ADRC-STR_SUPPL1

Lacks the extra ampersend at the end? It's that way in the code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the trouble,

No the code is correct, while writing in the forum I missed it, and I am able to see data while debugging of the sapscript.

Vengal Rao.

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sure you are aware that content in between address... endaddress, format will be controlled by SAP based on the country u mentioned in...

so as per the SAP std. SAP will decide what fields to display, US std is street, unit, city, country etc... Europe address style is different.. if you want be deviate from SAP std. format, remove the code from adress ... endaddress.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

I fully agree with you that the address printed will be as per SAP standards.

Currently I am looking into the country configuration in DEV - I hope may be the reason,

I have to use the existing ADDRESS....ENDADDRESS format as our client is using 4.6 version, he just print the financial reports using the common script.

So anything away from the orginal one may lead to more trouble in other reports.

Once I get a reason behind the issue, I shall definetly post them.

Thanks,

Vengal Rao.

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the paragraph format that is applied on this address and in paragraph format select check boxes called No blank line.

I guess it will solve your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JAY,

Thanks for the response.

I checked the paragragh format used for address, and NO BLANK SPACING is not checked in both the server ie DEV and QAS.

Actually the script was moved to QAS yesterday only.

I am not able to find why the error is coming in QAS , whereas it is OK with DEV.

Thanks,

Vengal Rao

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the data in Dev and Q might not be the same... one of the fields, might now have data in Q when compared to Dev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Once again thanks for the response,

I am not able to detect any data difference in both the servers. Actually MY CLIENT want to display additional information ie street 2 from ADRC table , so i could find LOCATION can be added in the existing code in sapscript. Is it that if we use LOCATION we get a blank space after it is printed before the next information is printed. If that is so , which one can i use in place of LOCATION so that I can display street 2 ( The field used will be ADRC-STR_SUPPL1).

Please guide me.

Thanks,

Vengal Rao.