cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed printing - JetDirect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an issue printing to a printer that is setup using a multiport JetDirect network card. The issue is that, although the print job is successfully spooled in SAP, it only prints after a couple of hours out of the printer.

We use host spool access method "C" via a Windows print server (printer host is setup as
server_name\printer_name).

Unfortunately the network and printer support guys are not very helpfull and recons it is a SAP problem.

I've made sure that when the user prints out of SAP that "Print Immediately" is selected. Like I stated above, the SAP spool job shows as "Completed".

I am suspecting that the configuration on the JetDirect might have something to do with the delayed printing. Has anybody experienced similar issues before and were you able to resolve it?

Regards,

CJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried printing from outside of the SAP on the same printer (ex. txt, doc, pdf). What is the response you are getting.

V...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The printer is soley used for printing delivery notes out of SAP (Dotmatrix printer).

I have asked the user to print a test page out of Windows but and according to the user, it prints immediately. I have my reserves about this because when I printed a test page from Windows, it did not print out till much later. The Windows print server queue also shows no waiting requests for the printer.

Regards,

CJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried restarting SAPLPD service on Windows Print Server. If not then try it.

V...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi V

I do not have access to the Windows print server but I do not think that the SAPLPD is installed.

If SAPLPD was installed, why would the SAPLPD service cause a delay in printing if no spool job is displayed in the Windows print queue?

Regards,

CJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As long as I know, if you are running Windows Print Server and SAP is printing through that you should have SAPLPD service on the Windows Server. If you dont have access to the Print Server machine you can ask your Network/Infrastructure team to just restart the SAPLPD service from services.msc.

V...