cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LM30 Loading Handling Units

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

I am struggling with the following and would appreciate to hear your thoughts.

I am trying to use transaction LM30 (RF - SAP console) and therefore Handling Units to load my Materials on my Shipment by scanning.

What I have so far is

-my packaging material HANDLING UNIT2 (material type VERP)

-in the Shipping interface with WM the pick Handling Unit is set to be created automatically (indicator 1) for movement 601, Destination Storage Type 916, any Source Storage Type ***, and as a Means of Packaging I have set my packaging material mentioned above.

-Transaction LH01 enables me to assign a Pick HU to my pick TO manually

-However, indicator 1 from configuration suggest that my Pick HU will be created automatically, I do not see that happen.

-Also, when trying to process the HU -assigned with LH01- in LM30 system tells me 'HU is not related to a Delivery'

If you have a minute for me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assigning the Pick HU to TO itself will not help. That HU needs be packed on to Delivery/Shipment for you to load.

Hope that helps

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried to confirm same HU (which is picked from LH01) with LT12? is it accepting? I think it will not.

Also check you storage type putaway strategy. If it is "Bulk strategy", you have to give pick HU Manually. There is no other way. - Nagesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick

The config steps you mentioned for Assignment of Pick HU look fine to me.

Make sure you have assigned a Packing Material Type MARA-VHART in material master (Sales: General/Plant View) for your packaging material. Once this is given, there is no reason for the automatic assignment of Pick HU to fail.

You will be able to process the pick HU in LM30 after confirmation of the Transfer Order (or more precisely after the HU and packing details are updated in the outbound delivery assigned to the Shipment document).

HTH

Regards

Baseer