cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto delete sysfail (Permanent error in BPE inbound processing)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a few BPE processes that get stuck in the queues for various reasons. Since these are only sent EOIO, they will be stuck in the queue. We would like to be able to delete these automatically and reactivate/unlock the queue so these errors can be fixed the next business day. We are monitoring the queue and receive a page when it gets stuck, but this requires manual intervention. We really would like a way to handle this automatically.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

This scenario could to fixed using Archive/Delete functionality. If all corresponding jobs are successfully running, then i would suggest to go through below SAP notes

1042379 "BPE-HT: Deleting messages that are no longer used" (each step of the description has to be executed)

Also you should implement the following notes

1147377 "BPE-RUN: Messages not picked up by reorganisation"

1157044 "BPE-RUN: All message proxies set as deletable"

1421003 "BPE-RUN: Synchronous message proxies cannot be deleted"

You may refer to below SAP link that helps in checking if you have setup all required periodic jobs

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/cd/20bc3ff6beeb0ce10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

Thank you for your input. All the archiving and deleting jobs are running fine. I am looking for a way to automate deleting a message that is stuck in SMQ2 with sysfail error. When this happens the queue is locked and anything behind the sysfail entry is stuck in the queue. I would like to automatically delete this entry and reactivate the queue so messages continue to go through the system. Then, we can fix the message that had the error on the nex business day.

If anyone has any ideas, please share. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rick

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Set parameter QRFC_RESTART_ALLOWED under category MONITOR to 1.

Schedule the report RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES.

Go Through this ....

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/05/b1b740f83db533e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pinangshuk,

Thank you for your input. If this message is restarted, it will just hang the queue again. I would like to automate deleting a message that is stuck in SMQ2 with sysfail error. I would like to automatically delete this entry and reactivate the queue so messages continue to go through the system.

Does anyone have a program or ideas on how to accomplish this?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rick,

I would like to fix the BPM design rather than going for a custom build application to delete & activate the queue entries.

Make sure that your BPM is capturing all exceptions and provide a control step by which you can cancel the BPM instance in case of any exceptions. This will make sue that the BPM will not run into "Permanent error in BPE inbound processing".

Regards

Sunil.