cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Container with status "java not active"

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had already installed SAP ECC 6.00 and SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 without any Enhancement Package.

We recently tried to install Enhancement Package 4 using EHPi, but we found the following problems in step 5 (Preprocessing), phase u201CMAIN_SHDRUN/ACT_UPG).

Installation was not completed yet, and it had to be stopped. But when we tried to use the Portal the following error appears:

"SAP WebAS Engine is starting...

If this state does not change within a few minutes,

Please contact your system administrator.

Check the recommendations in SAP Notes: 943498, 764417

We checked the status of the server instance on SAP MMC and everything seems to be running correctly (all in green).

The following error appears in OPEN ALERTS

"<server_SYS_ID>\R3Services\VM Container\General\Overview\Status"

And the description of the error is "java not active"

Thanks a lot in advance for your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said you have dual stack system.

Which client you are using as datasource for java in abap.

for e.g datasource is 100 then , try to login to client 100 with the appropriate username and password of j2ee_admin.

And check if you are able to login or not.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I reviewed, my user and password is correct.

This is content my log files (Step 3 - Configuration) with the instances (ERP, Solution Manager) is active (all green color),

<b>

<br><u>C:\EHPI4\java\log\USER_PASSWORDS_UPWDS_08.LOG.</u>

<i><font color=blue>

<br>com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.doExecute(AbstractPhaseType.java:864) [Thread[main,5,main]]: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception during getInitialContext operation. <font color=red>No server is running.</font>

<br>Feb 10, 2010 2:44:53 PM Error: com.sap.sdt.j630.validator.AdminPasswordValidator.validate(AdminPasswordValidator.java:124) Threadmain,5,main: Error while trying to validate Administrator password.

<br><font color=red>Possible reason: the J2EE engine is not started..</font>

<br> Error while trying to get initial context.

<br>Feb 10, 2010 2:44:53 PM Error: com.sap.sdt.ucp.dialog.DialogExecutor.execute(DialogExecutor.java:263) Thread main,5,main: Could not execute dialog UserPasswords. See previous messages.

</b>

</i>

<b></font>

<br><u>C:\EHPI4\java\log\TroubleTicket_08.txt</u>

<i><font color=blue>

<br>Could not execute dialog UserPasswords. See previous messages.

<br><font color=red>Error while trying to validate Administrator password.

<br> Possible reason: the J2EE engine is not started..</font>

<br> Error while trying to get initial context

<br>com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception during getInitialContext operation. No server is running. Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Exception in creating new RemoteLoginContext instance.

<br>com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Exception in creating new RemoteLoginContext instance.

<br>com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4ConnectionException: Possible problem: no available running server node. Check your running servers

</b>

</i></font>

<br>

<br>Additionally the SAPMMC in then SysLog has the following error

<br>

<b><font color=blue>Operation trace: Event handler: Event SAP_SYSTEM_START_VMC is not defined</b></font>

Thanks for your posts and helps

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The password which you have revied pls maintain it in SECURE STORE of configtool and then restart the complete application. and check now what error you get.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

I reviewed all option of security the config tools, but I think the problem is my last post

thanks for posts and helps

Please help me to continue the installation (stop in Step 3 - Configuration) and acitve my Sap Portal

Edited by: Ivan Quiroz on Feb 11, 2010 10:54 AM

Edited by: Ivan Quiroz on Jun 16, 2010 6:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks colleagues

Edited by: Ivan Quiroz on Jun 16, 2010 6:15 PM

Edited by: Ivan Quiroz on Jun 16, 2010 6:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks colleagues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

what system are you upgrading to ehp4?

is it a dual stack system?

regards

Gaurav Desai

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check STD_SERVER0 log file is there any error present.

If yes share the error on forum.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello and thanks for your posts<br><br>

I have reboot the ERP, the Solution Manager and the server without any positive result.<br><br>

The file STD_SERVER0.out is very large for this reason I paste the error that appears there.<br>

<br><br><b>

456.892: [GC 456.892: [DefNew: 121035K->38756K(131328K), 0.0682402 secs] 468614K->386335K(1004800K), 0.0683171 secs]

<br><br>

Feb 10, 2010 2:42:03 PM ...ebbase.framework.FrontController.init [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_39] Fatal: Error when loading the XCM configuration. Create a configuration in XCM with the name fscm/bd. Start XCM: (context-root)/admin/xcm/init.do.Configure SAP Biller Direct with XCM, and start SAP Biller Direct again.

<br><br>

460.011: [GC 460.011: [DefNew: 126308K->41631K(131328K), 0.0681690 secs] 473887K->389210K(1004800K), 0.0682497 secs]

<br><br>

</b>

Later, when I try to retry the step 3 (Configuration) of the installation of the EHP4, after I entered correctly with the J2ee_admin and the sdm_user the following error appears:

<br><br>

<b>

Phase Error Report: Review the error report information and troubleshoot the problem

<br><br>

An error has occurred during the execution of the USER_PASSWORDS phase.

<br><br>

Could not execute dialog UserPasswords. See previous messages. Error while trying to validate Administrator password. Possible reason: the J2EE engine is not started. Error while trying to get initial context. com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception during getInitialContext operation. No server is running. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Exception in creating new RemoteLoginContext instance.] com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Exception in creating new RemoteLoginContext instance. com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4ConnectionException: Possible problem: no available running server node. Check your running servers.

<br><br>

You can find more information in the log file C:\EHPI4\java\log\USER_PASSWORDS_UPWDS_08.LOG.

<br><br>

Use the information provided to troubleshoot the problem. An SAP Note may provide a solution to this problem. Search for SAP Notes with the following key words: com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.PhaseTypeDataModelInput com.sap.sdt.ucp.dialog.DialogExecutionException Could not execute dialog UserPasswords. See previous messages. USER_PASSWORDS INIT PREPARE NetWeaver Enhancement Package Installation SAPJup Java Enhancement Package Installation

<br><br>

When reporting problems to SAP Support, attach the trouble ticket file C:\EHPI4\java\log\TroubleTicket_08.txt to your message.

</b> <br><br>

Thanks for your helps...

Edited by: Ivan Quiroz on Feb 10, 2010 3:53 PM

Edited by: Ivan Quiroz on Feb 10, 2010 3:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure but please reset your securestore password through configtool and start the process again.

V...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your posts

My system is SAP 6.0 ECC and it is dual stack (abap and java)

I have already tried changing password in configtool.

As I said on my last post, the following error is stoping the instalation:

<font color=blue>

<i>"when I try to retry the step 3 (Configuration) of the installation of the EHP4, after I entered correctly with the J2ee_admin and the sdm_user the following error appears:"

<b>

Phase Error Report: Review the error report information and troubleshoot the problem*

An error has occurred during the execution of the USER_PASSWORDS phase.

Could not execute dialog UserPasswords. See previous messages. Error while trying to validate Administrator password. Possible reason: the J2EE engine is not started. Error while trying to get initial context. com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception during getInitialContext operation. <font color=red>No server is running.</font> Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Exception in creating new RemoteLoginContext instance. com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Exception in creating new RemoteLoginContext instance. com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4ConnectionException: Possible problem: no available running server node. Check your running servers.

You can find more information in the log file C:\EHPI4\java\log\USER_PASSWORDS_UPWDS_08.LOG.

Use the information provided to troubleshoot the problem. An SAP Note may provide a solution to this problem. Search for SAP Notes with the following key words: com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.PhaseTypeDataModelInput com.sap.sdt.ucp.dialog.DialogExecutionException Could not execute dialog UserPasswords. See previous messages. USER_PASSWORDS INIT PREPARE NetWeaver Enhancement Package Installation SAPJup Java Enhancement Package Installation

When reporting problems to SAP Support, attach the trouble ticket file C:\EHPI4\java\log\TroubleTicket_08.txt to your message.

</b></i>

</font>

In my opinion, the most important thing of the message is <font color=red>No server is running</font>. I review SAPMMC, the instances is active (all green color), although with the initial problem is <b>"java no active"</b> in <b>VM Container</b>

Thanks for your helps

Edited by: Ivan Quiroz on Feb 10, 2010 4:36 PM

shyam_dontamsetty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

It looks like J2EE engine is not started/runnin properly.Try restarting the J2EE engine alone and check if whether the same error appears after restart of EHP1 upgrade.

Best Regards,

Shyam Dontamsetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please run jcmon and check the server0 is coming up or not. If not you can try restarting it from jcmon. If it doesn't come up please check and give us the log.

V...