Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target System - Receiver HTTP goes down often

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a requirement.

For my target system, we use HTTP as an adapter. The target system foes down for maintainence every now and then (not scheduled).

This leads to my message going in "time out" - system error - Not restartable.

To avoid this, I have to stop my source - File channels so that messages do not come in and Fail.

Any solutions/ideas that would prevent me from stopping the channels..?

What I can think of:

1. Archive the file and then send the same manually again when the application server (HTTP) comes up.

2. Turn off channels - Which I currently am doing.

3. Write a unix level script which could keep pinging the HTTP server and pick the file up only when the server is available. - but this would keep pinging the server. Not sure if its a good idea. (Also, pls provide if any such script is available)

4. Cannot schedule my File adapters as the maintainence activity is not planned.

Let me know, if you can think of something better.

Thanks,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

this issue should be solved by configuring the corresponding queue in transaction smqr, where you can determine how often a messaage in a certain queue should be rescheduled and how long the interval between two trys should be.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

So i should be configuring a queue for the receiver HTTP..? (currently there is no such mechanism) - EO in place...(the scenario is something like File - BPM - HTTP)

thanks,

Vishal

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

i think you can monitor the queue name in SXMB_MONI at column Queue ID. This works may be only in case of errors, so just simulate by changing the host name to a not valid (just add a '1' to the hostname). No you should see the queue name. Have a look to SMQ2, where you message should stuck.

Change the corresponding entry in SMQR so that it is fitting your requirements.

Regards,

Udo

Answers (0)