Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Object B_USERSTAT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

We are facing a weird issue in which the same authorization check is successful in 1 transaction but failing in other transaction.

AUTHORITY-CHECK OBJECT 'B_USERSTAT'

ID 'STSMA' FIELD ISTSMA

ID 'OBTYP' FIELD IOBTYP

ID 'BERSL' DUMMY

ID 'ACTVT' FIELD LD_ACTVT.

The above check with values (STSMA = EHS_IAL1, OBTYP = IAL and ACTVT =01) is running successful through 1 transaction but failing in other.

Could you please suggest what is the possibility? Is there any mapping that exists between transaction code and auth object?

Your help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found it through debugging and through SU53 also.

For transaction A sy-subrc is 0 and for transaction B it is 4.

6 REPLIES 6

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In which way did you establish this failure? Su53? Systemtrace? Anything else?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found it through debugging and through SU53 also.

For transaction A sy-subrc is 0 and for transaction B it is 4.

0 Kudos

Maybe you can run a trace (ST01), try both transactions and post the trace results? So far, I'm in the dark....

0 Kudos

> Total Questions: 7 (7 unresolved)

There are five possible reasons, but I can only remember the first one so far...

B_USERSTAT is not a "basis" or "HR" object, so for specific transaction contexts the check indicator can be set to "No check" in SU24.

Try that and please follow up on your questions. I already deleted two duplicates.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Julius. Through SU24 issue has been solved.

0 Kudos

Darn - I was looking forward to explaining the other four...

Thanks for following up on your questions. Note that the "comment" field is not mandatory and posting how you solved the problem is only optional, but good practice.

Cheers,

Julius