Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Movement of Warehouse across 2 different locations

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have stock residing in 1 warehouse over 2 different location.

location A and location B being different physically situated.

If I need to replenished stock from location A to location B, what is the correct process.

Since picking is taking place in 1 area by 1 group and placement is handled in another area by another group, should I use the 2 step movement?

Can I just use LT01 instead? what to consider?

Thanks

Bye

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can very well use LT01 or LT10 if you prefer doing a manual repleneshmint.

Or you can setup the automatic replenishment that SAP WM offers.

Detailed information in this link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60/helpdata/en/c6/f85c504afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

under 'Replenishment for Fixed Bins'.

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are not using fixed bin stroage. We are using high rack and shelf racking.

Even if the replenishment run does executed, how do we handled picking from 1 warehouse (location A) and placement in another warehouse (location B).

It is just like Post Goods Issue out of Warehouse A and Goods receipt into Warehouse A.

Both are handled by different groups of people but belonging to the same company.

If it is within the same warehouse(same location), a TO would be sufficient. In this instance, I need advice.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

No further answer on it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a similar situation,

This is how we handle the movements:

first we use transfer orders.

we use bin to bin transaction via RF (lt01 0r lt10 would work also)

We created locations (bins) for this

we use t.o. to move the material into a bin while it is in transit (our bins are trailer numbers)

when it reaches the destination they use t.o. from trailer bin and into receiving bin

by using special bins for this process the actions can be tracked in reports by selecting only movements to and from the bins you create

also any inv. in the special transit bins would clearly be in transit and or waiting to be received so you retain accurate location data

Edit: if that is not acceptable to you perhaps you should consider creating production work orders for the material movements.

But I think the method we use is acceptable and MUCH less work then doing the transfers with production work orders.

Edited by: Arakish on Mar 23, 2010 11:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case you need to create a two step transfer. First, post a material document with movement type 313 to pick stocks from the source location. A posting change notice will be created against that material doc and you can process the same using LT05.

This TO willpick the stocks form the picking location and move into an interim storage area 923

Second, you should post a material document using movement type 315 to receive stocks in the receiving location. Again a posting change notice will be created and you can process the same using LT05. This TO will move the stocks from 923 to the bin in a receiving location.

Hope this helps...

Thanks

Noopur

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

This movement is used to move from 1 storage location to another storage location

This is done in the IM module.

Can we have something that can be triggered from the WMS module?

Here, the IM movement is only use by Buyer not WH supervsor.

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi colin,

i think your requirement is stock transfer between one location to another location mean (one bin to another) use the lt01 trans .

regards

muthuraman.d

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

LT01 is not the best choice for moving stock across 2 different physical location of a logical warehouse.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you need replenishment from Plant1/Warehouse1 to Plant2/Warehouse2 then you would need MRP with special procurement key, followed by stock transfers.

Can you describe your organizational structure for each warehouse (plants/storage locations)

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Same warehouse number for both locations.

Location A and Location B are separated and quite a distance from each other.

Location A uses storage type 001 and location B uses storage type 002.

Need to send stock from location A to location B periodically as replenishment.

However, it need to be picked and PGI out from location A and GR with placement into location B.

Both activty is handled by different group of people.

I need some form of procedure to handle the output from location A and the input into location B.

Hope you have a clearer picture now.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the Plant same for both locations?

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Same warehouse number for both locations.

Location A and Location B are separated and quite a distance from each other."

THAT is the problem. What you move inside a whse is considered to be one phyical location. There is no process in the Whse to cover such a requirement. The proper way would have been to have separate whses.

Best regards

Juergen

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it belong to the same site/plant

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can it be done if the site are the same?

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

It can be done if the sites are same, but it is considered as a bin to bin movement where the bins belong to two different storage types but in the same warehouse.

In standard SAP WMS, the only transaction to do this is LT01 and LT10.

However, you can do some enhancement for your process. With LT01, at a time you can move single material from one bin to another.

Regards,

Noopur

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

I need some kind of documents just like Delivery order.

if some articles are transfer out of a warehouse from location A, how do I know it will eventually reached location B (which I have already mentioned is a few kilometre away and handled by different group of people).

That's my concern.

Can the transfer order an appropriate document to use now?

shouldn;t there be a document for picking in 1 location A and another for placement in location B?

Can you advice?