cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartform printer setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an output that when it goes to a certain laser jet printer all that comes out is a black box - its like the printer doesnt recongnise the output. Is there something you need to do with the printer? As it prints fine to other printers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You'll need to ask your Basis people to configure the printer driver for you.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No colour, just a simple output with a table - same fonts and page widths as a similar SAP script, but the smartform doesnt work.

Abhijit74
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with the device name 'LOCL' i.e. Local Printer. This is definitely problem with the device name.

Thnaks,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The LOCL solution works fine for foreground printing, but is not possible if we want background printing on this printer. The only workaround that I found so far is to use a Windows print server and the Access Method S (with SAPSprint installed on the print server).

Does someone have a better solution for these black boxes without using a print server ?

PS : I use the Access Method U

Best regards,

Jérôme

former_member383973
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I found the solution. In SPAD, just tick the "Color Print" option and the black boxes will not appear anymore.

Hope this could help someone...

antony_paul2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hope you are not trying to print some color using the shading option.

Generally it so happens that if you are trying to print color in the smartform and if its actualling getting printed in a black and white printer these black boxes appear