cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealing of address change of org. units

former_member223456
Participant
0 Kudos

Here I am putting my question again. If we define the org. units like Plant,Sales org. ,Company code etc. and then change their address,the address changes in the previous documents also.

Are there any settings through which we can let the old address in the previous documents be the same and at the same time can create new documents with new address.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we define the org. units like Plant,Sales org. ,Company code etc. and then change their address, the address changes in the previous documents also.

I am not sure if that's a bug or a feature.

If you consider it is a bug, maybe you should consider some kind of Archiving system so you keep a copy of the original invoice "as-is".

Imagine you change a SAPSCRIPT or SMARFORM and you need to re-print the invoice. Not only the address will change, but also the format of the printed billing document itself!

An Archiving system would solve this problem because it would allow you to re-print exactly the same invoice that was printed months ago.

Best Regards,

Franck

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

while you update the address fields of the org nits the old values will be updated in the tables concernd since the address values are stored in fields of tables only, so for the older documents you have to change them manually or you can use BDC or LSMW to upload the changed details for the old data, i dont think you can change the older address with the already ceated documents.

hope this helps.

Regards

Vignesh.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

Any address changes in organization units will impact in previous documents as well.

Work around may required , but not sure