cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI server coming down: Possible reasons?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What can be the possible reasons for PI server coming down?

Am facing this issue lately. Wiith UAT underway the load of messages has increased. Can that be a reason.

Restarting teh server solves the issue but still I would like to have some idea on teh possible reasons for PI server coming down often.

Regards

Soumen...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Wiith UAT underway the load of messages has increased

Yes that is the reason, each server has its own capacity to handle load (limit), and if for any reason this limit is breached (let it be in DEV, QUA, PROD) the server is bound to come down

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos
I suggest a sizing and tuning of your server in case you find your UAT has a heavy load of messages.

How do we achieve that???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Message removed!

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

>

I suggest a sizing and tuning of your server in case you find your UAT has a heavy load of messages.

> How do we achieve that???

there are guides available on SDN. You can do a simple search and hep get reference.

Once such guide is as mentioned here -

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=38361563&messageID=803455

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whats the capacity of PI 7.1 in terms of messages?

I mean in terms of size or number of messages.

I have around 18-20 interfaces wherein around 10-12 thousand IDOCs will be triggered at a time. Which means I can have 2-3 lakh records at a shot.

P.S : While browsing through SDN I read in a thread that PI can handle around 3 lakh records at a time. But would like to have a word from experts out here on this.

Regards

Soumen...

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the filesystem. Probably the tablespaces are full and when one message is received the table must be expanded and this issue take a lot of time for Integration Server.

Check SXMB_ADM and re-configure the deletes jobs.

Best regards

Ivá

jose_augastine3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Soumen,

PI Best Practices: Sizing and Performance Tuning

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2016a0b1-1780-2b10-97bd-be3ac6221...

Also you need to make sure that the file system (tablespaces) on which its mounted are not full by running some script which deletes the unwanted files at regular intervals.

Hope this helps !!!

Regards,

J Augastine

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you see it due to heavy load, the issue of the server going down is bcos of resources not available on the PI server.

Restarting the server helps you because it frees all occupied resources.