cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy client: not possible to logon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all ,

We have Copied Client from SAP 000 client and made 200 client .

But we are unable to login this 200 client with SAP* & Password = PASS.

Also we tried with the Password of the source client . But unable to login .

Also tried with Rz10 parameter : login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0 when we come back from this command & again go to rz10 this parameter is not save in the list .

Pl guide ,how to fix the same ? or how to create new client from 000 client & login with user SAp*

pl guide

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can change it from OS level as well. Please open instance parameter file for eg: in unix path will be like /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile/<SID>_DVEBMGS<nr>_hostname and change parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar to 0 and save it. Restart only R3.

If the parameter already set then you can do it in Oracle Sqlplus to reset SAP* password.

Regards,

Rajan

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Login to 000 client and goto RZ11 and check the parameter

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar

let us know what value refelect in RZ11 , if it is showing 1 then you need to change the paremeter value to 0 and restart the application.

As well as can you tell us in clinet 000 are you using the password of SAP* as pass or any other password you have set to it.

If you have set any other password to SAP* in 000 then use same password in 200 client also for user 200.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir ,

The value for the same parameter is 1 only for Default value , profile value , current value .

how to edit this and make it zero ? as edit menu

--> Change value option is gray. as well in rz10 this parameter is not available

We have added this parameter saved with 0 but not found next time .

as well ,

for 000 client we are using sap* with admin123 as password .

we have tried with this same password also for 200 client with Sap* user id. but not working .

pl guide

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What profile you selected while doing client copy i.e SAP_ALL or SAP_CUST.

if it was SAP_ALL then you should be able to login to new client with admin123 password.

If you are not able to login , what error you are getting while login.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir , we have used the SAP_CUST option .

and the error we are getting for 200 client is " Incorrect passwaord , repeat logon "

pl guide

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I found a nice link in a Solution manager help file that describes the available copy options - [Copy Profile|http://goo.gl/bPCf]

Additionally, I've realized that the default password for SAP* is release dependent. For the later releases, the default password for SAP* is 06071992 and DDIC is 19920706

My apologies for the earlier error, I have been working on the older systems where it is pass for too long !!

Three additional questions / issues for you to consider;

1) Client Copy Profile SAP_CUST does not copy user data. Use profile SAP_UCUS if you wish to include User master data in your client copy.

2) Having used SAP_CUST, if there was no SAP* or DDIC user in client 200 before the copy, they will still not be there. You will need to set the login/no_automatic_user_sapstar parameter to 0 (depending on your SAP release, this may not be present).

3) Consider whether client zero is the appropriate source client. Are you setting up a brand new client ? Do you already have any other clients (besides 001 and 066) setup in this system ?)

hope this helps

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venky,

Goto OS level of your SAP and add the below parameter in default profile . once you added the parameter restart the SAP application and after that try to login in 200 client with password as PASS

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Just do as Anil Bhandary said in above post, if it not working just restart Operating system also, it will work...

sometime, restarting SAP is not sufficient, you need to restart Operating system also.

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Just do as Anil Bhandary said in above post...

Set the below parameter in INSTANCE PROFILE. and restart the SAP Appllication.

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0

Start SAP and try to log in as user sap* and password PASS

if it not working just RESTART THE OPERATING SYSTEM also, it will work...

sometime, restarting SAP is not sufficient, you need to restart Operating system also.

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear anil sir ,

i have tried to set the Parameter as explained by you .

in RZ10 : for profile = _DEFAULT and version = 1 the parm

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0 is not available in the list .

i tried to add then system has craeted :

profile = _DEFAULT and version = 2 where the parm

ogin/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0 is set & displayed in the list . tried restart & login with sap* & PASS also

with sap* & source client passwaord .

Pl guide where am i missing ?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venky,

This parameter will not appear in list by default, you need to search it using "search" icon...

or simply click on "Create Parameter" (F5) and enter as

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar

Hit enter... It will display defalut value of the parameter. Set it to "0"

Click on "Copy" (Shift+F4), then Save it... Activate it...

Then First try restarting SAP, it not works Restart Complete system.

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shree,

please go to there /usr/sap/<sid>/sys/profile -

>then instance profile and add login/no_automatic_user_sapstar =0 and save the restart your sap mmc and login with password pass

Regards,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir ,

I am copying the client again from 000.

Pl suggest which profile i need to use during copy client from 000 to New client ?

regards,

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See the link I previously referred you to - [Copy Profiles|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/99/0a2a887e2511d2a6250000e82deaaa/content.htm]

Use profile SAP_UCUS (or SAP_UCSV if you want program variants as well)

Either of these profiles will copy you user data, meaning you will be able to logon to SAP* and / or DDIC in the target client (200), using the same password you would use in the source client (000).

Be aware that any other users defined in client zero will also exist in client 200 after the client copy, with the same passwords as they have in client zero.

Once the client copy has completed, you should consider changing the passwords or deleting the users other than SAP* and DDIC from client 200.

Once again, though, please consider whether client zero is the appropriate source client;

1) Are you setting up a brand new system ?

2) Do you already have any other clients (besides 001 and 066) setup in this system ?

Hope this Helps

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stop the SAP system. Do not stop the database (or restart the database if necessary)

Manually set login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0 in your profile dataset.

Using the appropriate database tool on the server command line....

connect to your database and remove the user record for MANDT='200' and BNAME='SAP*'

Restart SAP

Logon as client 200 user SAP*, password PASS

Notes:

1) parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar is not dynamic - you need to restart SAP for a change to be effective

2) To avoid confusion, the parameter should be specified in either the default profile or the instance profile, not both.

Example SQL - MS-SQL

connect as <SID> or sa

delete from <SID>.<sid>.USR02 where MANDT=200' and BNAME='SAP*' ';

quit

Example SQL - Oracle (release dependent)

connect sapr3/sap;

delete from utab where tabname='USR02' and varkey like '200SAP*%';

exit;

connect sapr3/sap;

delete from USR02 where MANDT=200' and BNAME='SAP*' ;

exit;

Example SQL - DB6

connect to <sid>

delete from $db6_schema.usr02 where MANDT=200' and BNAME='SAP*'

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can Change/Add the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar directly from OS level, restart the system logon to the new client, create a user then remove the parameter again.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir ,

Thanks for the Reply .

my queries are:

1) I am unable to logon to the new Copied Client 200 with SAP* . ( using default password PASS, or using source client password .

2) as per your guidance for :"Change/Add the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar directly from OS level"

How to do the same plz explain.

regards

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please clear is you complete client copy or not.if you done client copy successfully then what copy profile you selected.if you selected sap_all then please try to login with sap* user and password will be as your 000 password.

Regards,

Pankaj