cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC adapter waiting with To Be Delivered

DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a communication channel with JDBC and when I send messages they are placed in To Be delivered between 2-7 minutes before they are processed.

There is no difference if the adapter fails because the user on the JDBC is wrong, of an XML parsing error or if the message is processed sucessfully. It is running EO.

The adapter has been running smoothly before. And there is currently no load on the system

I are using PI 7.11.

Are there any way I can investigate if messages.

Daniel Graversen

[Figaf|http://www.figaf.com]

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

Any recent changes that could "explain" this behavior ? I remember having similar issues due to a lack of threads, causing long wait times in the adapter queues ...

Rgds

Chris

DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We did move from one demo oracle data base to another. But other than that I don't think we have done anything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you mean : db target for the JDBC msg has changed ? or PI's db ? Can you paste the full audit log for one of your msgs ?

Chris

DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The database we are trying to update has changed.

DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Time Stamp Type Description

2010-02-09 09:15:10 Information The message was successfully received by the messaging system. Protocol: XI URL: http://xxx:54000/MessagingSystem/receive/AFW/XI Credential (User): PIISUSER

2010-02-09 09:15:10 Information Using connection JDBC_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System. Trying to put the message into the receive queue.

2010-02-09 09:15:10 Information Message successfully put into the queue.

2010-02-09 09:21:47 Information The message was successfully retrieved from the receive queue.

2010-02-09 09:21:47 Information The message status was set to DLNG.

2010-02-09 09:21:47 Information Delivering to channel: JDBC_WRITE_XSYSTEM

2010-02-09 09:21:47 Information JDBC Adapter Receiver processing started, required QoS ExactlyOnce

2010-02-09 09:21:47 Information JDBC Adapter Receiver Channel JDBC_WRITE_XSYSTEM: processing started; party / service XSYSTEM_D.

2010-02-09 09:21:47 Information INSERT INTO TABLENAME(DATO, KUNDENR, KODE, OPRET_DATO, OPRET_INIT) VALUES (TO_DATE(20100207,YYYYMMDD), 0000145106, 3, TO_DATE(20100208,YYYYMMDD), 1000)

2010-02-09 09:21:47 Information Database request processed successfully.

Notice the time marked with bold.

Former Member
0 Kudos

strange indeed ! msgs take a long time to be retrieved from the queue, but I do not see why a target db change would impact this ... How many threads (sys + app) configured for your system ?

Chris

DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. So there must be some other way the thread numbers has been changed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no other msg being delivered using the same adapter ? This happens even with one single msg ?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at the following points related to performance of JDBC adater. You may try to check/configure your system settings.

1. You may increase the thread count for JDBC related queues. This has to be done in accordance with SAP Note 1084161.

2. There is parameter in JDBC communication channel called Maximum Concurrency. It signifies that one communication channel can make how many connections to database. This is 1 by default and could be increased to some values like 3-4.

3. In the Visual Admin/ NWA, there is a parameter called as queueParallelism.maxReceivers which defines the number of parallel worker threads for one receiver channel instance. This should be done following SAP Note 1136790. This can be done along with the first point.

Regards,

Prateek

DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem seems to come because there was not enough threads in the PI and one connection to a Database was haning, so other connections could not be used.

After all JDBC adapters was restartet it started to work again

Answers (0)