cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP license not getting installed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am installingn SAP Netweaver2004s oracle windows license.

When i run the t-code slicense and upload the license key that i got from the marketplace,the license get loaded but they are

in a red bubble.

I am unable to import the license successfully.

When i try to load the license from OS level i get an errot that i have to enter only 24 letters.

My license key has much more alphabets ,around 200.

Please help

Thanks

Sandeep.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My system data was wrong.

I was able to get the license by correcting the date.

Thanks

Sandeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am able to import the license keyfrom t-code slicense but my installed license has a status red.

It should be green in normal conditions.

Please help

Thanks and regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Please check you requested the license for the right SAP product. If not, request license again should resolve your issue.

Regards,

Rajan

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds stupid, I know, but make sure you are specifying the correct Product when you generate the license at http://service.sap.com/licensekey

for example, SAP Netweaver and SAP Netweaver Process Integration are different products, your PI system will NOT licence correctly if you specify the first product.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sharath Babu,

Hardware key is correct.

Also the note did not helped.

Best Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try from OS level with the below command...

Login as <SID>adm

#saplicense -pinstall ifile=/path/to/your/license_file
OR
#saplicense -install ifile=/path/to/your/license_file

*Make sure that you have generated the license file against correct hardware key, installation number., system number*

Then see the status in "SLICENSE"...

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Hope you are installing the license from slicense tcode from "New License" tab in first screen of slicense. After installing, check the installed license in New License tab.

Also, I would suggest you to generate a fresh license key again with correct details like SID, Hardware key, installation number, system name, and system stack (ABAP, JAVA or ABAP+JAVA)

Regards,

Sharath Babu M

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When i try to load the license from OS level i get an errot that i have to enter only 24 letters.

My license key has much more alphabets ,around 200.

As Sharath said you need to install the license under "New licenses" in SLICENSE and upload it from a file

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

First check the if the hardwarekey is correct for which the license you are installing. Also, please go through the below note which could be helpful.

Note 746402 - Error when installing J2EE Engine License

If, the hardware key of your system is different from the hardware key of the license which you have received then please apply for another new license in SMP and install it.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath Babu M