cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find a transparent table for dictionary strucutre in a Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to find a transparent table for dictionary strucutre in a Web Dynpro component context.

Basically a field in context has been mapped to a dictionary strucutre field, I want to know how to find out underlying transparent table that has mapped/populate to a dictionary strucutre field in runtime.

I appreciate your help.

Monica

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I use the same tools that I would have used to find the same information in Classic Dynpro. Generally you can find this information by running a SQL Trace (ST05) for the WDA Application. This will show you all the tables that were read during the application. You can generally track back well that way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

if you want to know which table is used to fill your context attribute then you need to find out the method which fills your context. It could be a supply function or any other wd method.

Just see on which user event your context gets filled and what is the method assigned to that particuar event. the code to fetch data from SAP tables must be there.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Monica,

You could simple double click on the name of the dictionary structure or you could also go to transaction se11.

Regards

Anurag Chopra