cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPStartsrv service failing - Unable to open trace file sapstartsrv.log.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an issue with wedispatcher service being started. When the service is being started, it comes with the following error message

"Unable to open trace file sapstartsrv.log. (Error 13 EACCES*: Permission denied OR: The data is invalid.) [ntservsserver.cpp 2218]"

The permissions of the folders have been checked thouroughly at every directory level E:\usr\sap\WDX\W02\work.

Being a domain installation, the permissions for SAP_WDX_LOCALADMIN and SAP_LOCALADMIN are given Full control to folders. All the permissions were checked hirearcheally.

When I start the sapservice, where the executable path is "E:\usr\sap\WDX\SYS\exe\nuc\NTAMD64\sapstartsrv.exe" pf="E:\usr\sap\WDX\SYS\profile\START_W02_DRIWDDEV"

The service fails with the error message shown above. The other interesting thing noticed was,

1.The file sapstartsrv.log file was deleted, it could not create a new file

2.When manually created the sapstartsrv.log timestamp was changed.

I would appreciate your insigt, why with proper profiles and permissionsl, the service is failing.

Regards,

P.K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would try and use Filmon.exe (used be on the sysinternals site, now bought by microsoft).

Filemon will allow you to monitor the execution of sapstartsrv.exe and see why it is failing with permissions problems.