cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does mapping exists without mapping templates?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a mapping using 4 mapping templates.

When I am deleting the mapping templates it is giving me error that it is being used in the message mapping.

After we created message mapping using mapping templates, if we want to make the mapping as independent of the templates, is it possible?

I dont want to ship too many objects to QA or other systems.

Thanks in advance,

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> When I am deleting the mapping templates it is giving me error that it is being used in the message mapping.

> After we created message mapping using mapping templates, if we want to make the mapping as independent of the templates, is it possible?

Did you get an Error or an information message?

Mapping template are independent of the mapping. You might get an information message regarding the dependency but it shouldnt be an error. You can ignore the info message.

Please confirm

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The templates are no more needed once the mapping is saved and activated. I had to do this and the system did give a warning when deleting the templates. But never had problems later on..!!

VJ

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> When I am deleting the mapping templates it is giving me error that it is being used in the message mapping.

> After we created message mapping using mapping templates, if we want to make the mapping as independent of the templates, is it possible?

In principle the template is copied to the mapping and so the mapping should exist without template.

I am amazed that you cannot delete the template, but I have never tried this before.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can always try exporting your message mapping...to do this:

1. Click on your message mapping

2. Press ctrlshift0

3. You have two choices for message mapping export: Export Message Mapping or Export Message Mapping with Jars. Choose whichever is applicable

4. Create a new message mapping, then press ctrlshift0

5. Again, you have two choices for message mapping import:: Import Message Mapping or Import Mapping without Source and Target Structures. Choose whichever is applicable

Hope this helps,