cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prompts logincredentials while accessing workcenters applications in SOLMAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In SOLMAN, we have configured workcenters. When i select any E2E Analysis / Trace Analysis / Wily Introscope pop-up with logon page which is a WebDynpro application. Even after providing my SOLMAN user credentials could not login into the selected applications.

1. Do we need to configure any SSO from SOLMAN to selected systems?

2. Or any other configurations to avoid this logon page

Can anyone help me to resolve this issue.

Cheers

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kunapareddy1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

SSO confuguration is required to avoid the user prompts while navigating through different tabs of Root Cause Analysis workcenter. Refer to the note 1121248 which mentions the procedure to avoid this issue.

Regards,

Anil K Kunapareddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

A solution manager 7.0 with nw enh 1 system (>= sps 18) has abap+java sides. This means it has at least 2 logical systems (3 if BI has its own client). If you want to get rid of login popups while in workcenter, you should configure SSO2. the workcenter starts in the abap solman client but numerous links point to java side urls... best to configure sso in all directions. Remember each time you change sso you need to restart sap. Also note that wily links are outside SAP, so (I think) you can't do sso. Use trans SSO2 and STRUSTSSO2 to debug/configure abap side But easiest is to run diagnostics setup wizards for solman system as both managing system and managed system ... managed system needs SMD agent/diagnostics agent installed on solman systems (one on each if you have distributed setup)..

Ken

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat, As per my understanding if you are trying to connect any satellite(may be R/3, BW etc) system from Solman it does communication thru RFC connections. Could you check the associated RFC connections and confirm if RFC connection has communication user(with trusted option) is assinged and not the Dialogue user.

Hope it helps.

Regards, Amber Soni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

did you get a resolution to this issue. I've just found the same thing happens after running through both the managing system (Solman) setup wizard and the managed systems setup wizard - Solman Ehp1 (SPS 20). I can see the workload analysis data/graphics etc when navigating between tabs in workload analysis/change analysis etc but I get the pop-up each time I navgate to another tab.

I've got the BI connection configured to use another client on the Solman system itself ( 001) with the Solman Administraion client being 010. I thought it might have been the RFC connection to BI (Maybe needing to defined as a trusted connection), but the BI_CLNT001 RFC destination (after reading through the guides again) is defined as per documentation with the SMD_BI_RFC user credentials & roles etc. Test connections etc are fine. So I'm not sure why the pop-up happens.

If you got to the bottom of what was going on then please respond.

Regards,

Brian.