cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservices - multiple web method scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a webservice --> XI --> webservice scenario. Our goal is to expose our backend systems webservice to third party through XI.

Our backend webservice has two methods as of now and has potential to add more methods. This implies we're going to have one interface per webmethod.

What would be the best design so that we do not have to have multiple wsdl's (one for each interface)? Can we have one webservice in XI that can expose all of the webmethods?

Please suggest ideas.

Thanks

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Can we have one webservice in XI that can expose all of the webmethods?

If your concern is to use one webservice (which has multiple actions), then better make use of Dynamic Configuration and accordingly populate the action in the receiver SOAP channel (THeaderSOAPACTION)....accordingly the relevant method will be called....will work if there is no multi-mapping is involved.

Regards,

Abhishek.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you on PI 7.1? Then Service Interfaces support multiple methods. If not, you might have to use Dynamic Configuration in mapping to populate the SOAP Action as said above.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

VJ, Abhishek,

Appreciate your response. When I create the outbound\inbound message interface, I'll have to choose a message type right..which will be one of the webmethods?

What should I do there?

Thanks

Karthik

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the Outbound MI --> you have to create your own message structure (DT & MT) and then include it in the MI......this statement has an exception....if there is no mapping involved between source and target (or there is just 1:1 mapping) then you can even include the request-message from the WSDL (which you are using for the receiver-end webservice.

In the Inbound MI --> you have to import the WSDL file (this has to be provided by the receiver WebService) into External Definition....once this is done create the MI using this WSDL's message.

Regards,

Abhishek.