Hello Gurus,

I am having trouble with importing the following support packs:

SAPKU50013

SAPKB70103

SAPKA70103

SAPKITL429.

Following Patches are applied:

SAP Kernel 701 Patch 69

tp and R3trans are also upgraded to the current latest patchs.

All the SP's are in one queue right now and has the status of IMPORT_PROPER. I have tried to reset the queue but I am not allowed to do that in this status.

I have checked /trans logs and have seen an errors in SLOGS:

START MAIN IMPORT CS1 I 20100208230002 SOLMAN sapacs01 20100208225945581

WARNING: /usr/sap/trans/tmp/SAPKKB70103.CS1 is already in use (10), I'm waiting 3 sec (20100208230031). My name: pid 1993 on sapacs01 (cs1adm)

WARNING: /usr/sap/trans/tmp/SAPKKB70103.CS1 is already in use (20), I'm waiting 4 sec (20100208230105). My name: pid 1993 on sapacs01 (cs1adm)

WARNING: /usr/sap/trans/tmp/SAPKKB70103.CS1 is already in use (30), I'm waiting 2 sec (20100208230129). My name: pid 1993 on sapacs01 (cs1adm)

WARNING: /usr/sap/trans/tmp/SAPKKB70103.CS1 is already in use (40), I'm waiting 4 sec (20100208230202). My name: pid 1993 on sapacs01 (cs1adm)

Also I have few questions:

1. Can we reset the Queue from OS Level, since I think that while going for a lunch break , My internet connection was lost and when I came back, the SAPGUI was frozen at MAIN IMPORT phase.

I tried to restart the SPAM after logging back to the instance

Thank you in Advance,

Raj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

BTW, I did tried to clean the /usr/sap/trans/tmp/* file and also removed the tp programs at os level.

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh, From the slogs it seems there are warnings and no errors have occured till now.

I believe you are applying patches thru EHPi tool, Please check the link for help - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7e/c6c2ad98a711d2b429006094b9ea64/content.htm

IMPORT_PROPER - following possibilties can happen in import proper stage.

This phase imports all Repository objects and table entries. It may terminate for the following reasons:

○ TP_INTERFACE_FAILURE: The tp interface could not be called.

○ TP_FAILURE: The tp program could not be executed. For more information, read the SLOG or ALOG log files.

○ TP_STEP_FAILURE: A tp step could not be performed successfully. You can find the source of error in the relevant log, for example, in the import log.

If a tp step 6, N or S is in the termination message, it is a step independent of the transport request. The corresponding logs are contained in the log overview under the node Import steps not specific to the transport request.

You can also find these logs in the following files in the log subdirectory of your transport directory (usually /usr/sap/trans/log):

tp step 6: P<YY><MM><DD>.<SID>

tp step N: N<YY><MM><DD>.<SID>

tp step S: DS<YY><MM><DD>.<SID>

To display these files, run report RSPUTPRT or call transaction AL11.

Hope it helps.

Regards, Amber S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Amber for your Reply. its very helpful...

I was able to move ahead with my errors...Right now it's showing the Main Import finished with returncode 0. I am trying to look at the logs right now..everything looks ok till now..

Is this step takes a while to finish,, or it is waiting on something?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the Error Main Import Finished with Return Code 4. But it is still running. Any Idea?

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh, Could check the table spaces also while import is going without any errors ?

I am not sure if you have upgraded your kernel to latest and also updated spam/saint version before patching components.

Regards, Amber S

Former Member
0 Kudos

H iAmber,

Thank again for the Reply. The both the Kernel and SPAM are updated to latest releses. Right now the job "RDDGENBB" is stoppping.

I checked the error logs whch says "Context BBP_M_ACCHESS" does not contain any data. and before that it says contains n fields.

The the ABAP throws the error for RAISE_EXCEPTION. Any Idea?

nishkam_joshi3
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Rajesh,

Is it still running or stopped , will you able to execute any Tcode or login in new session... ?

when you applying complete queue it will import one by one patch so that first it is showing you completed by return code 0..thn return code 4.. and so on which is normal..

let us know that you are completly stuck or queue is still in import phase...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right now I am working on SPAU. It is showing some SAPNotes which were not fully implemented. Lets see, I think I got a good Hold on it now. Thank you so much every one for your support.

I will keep this thread open for my final Check point and the issue checklist. so that it might help others to resolve the errors I got.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Issue Got Resolved,

Actually there were some inactive Objects in the SA38. That Objects were a part of Partial Implementation of Snote. Did the Following steps to over come this situation:

1. Assign the Solman Admin User the Role ZSAP_SM_CONF_SEC from SNote: 1278456.

2. Activate the Objects using the Instruction in SNote: 1278456.

3. REleased any Pending Transport Requests which was not Releasing Becuase of Inactive Objects.

4. Continue with the SPAM Update.

5. Maintan SPAU Objects.

6.Continue with the SPAM Update.

Everything is going fine right now. Again Working on Solman_setup. Its Complaining about some WebDympro Pages.

Thank you again for your contribution. Cheers.

Edited by: Rajesh Bhatt on Feb 15, 2010 6:26 PM

Edited by: Rajesh Bhatt on Feb 23, 2010 8:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suggestion: Always first test the Support Packages Implemention in TEST Mode and check by going in Se03 to check any locked objects.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189774
Participant
0 Kudos

I've solved the "MAIN IMPORT finished with returncode 4" error by increasing the size of the files on my MS SQL SERVER database, as very little space was free. Hope it works for anyone else with the same issue.