Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Releasing a transport authority checks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'll be glad if you could help me with the following:

I guess project managers/basis/developers typically log onto development environment and use SE09 to release transports. However, a user could log onto production or QA and execute SE09 to do the same. Where are the authorizations to release checked? In the source system (development) or whereever the user has logged on?

I know that if a user tries to import a change (through STMS) then the authorizations from the target system are checked independently of where the user has logged on and this made me wonder what happens with releases.

Thanks in advance,

Jose

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

As you right said, if you are transporting a request the authorization for the same will be checked in the target system even though you are transporting a request in quality system from development, as it will login to quality from development.

But, incase of releasing a request you will be releasing the request in the source system in which it is created only. Thus for release it will check in source system only. i.e., if you are creating a request in development system then you can release that request in development system only, but not from quality or production.

Similarly, if a request is created in quality and production then it can be released from quality or production only. Hence it is mandatory to restrict the client settings in quality and production system against modification and transport request creation.

Even after restricting the client settings, if you feel that you want to restrict the release authorization in quality and production system you can do that from S_TRANSPRT (Currently, I do not have access to system....not sure about correctness of TRANSPRT. Please check for similar object for transport related)

Hope clarified.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath Babu M

Answers (0)