cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LICENSE KEY FOR UNSUPPORTED SYSTEM

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an old 3.1I reference system that we are planning to VM. SAP requires you apply a new license key whenever you copy an instance to new hardware. Does anyone know if SAP still generates license keys for unsupported releases? Please help.........................................Regards Jorge

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your system should be populated on SMP... you should be able to request a new license. Also you can still use R/3 system in SMP so i presume that includes early versions... In any case you might be better off contacting your SAP Account Manager.

Regards

Juan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan,

Thanks for replying to my message so quickly. So your saying that SAP will provide me a license throught the Service Marketplace for an usupported release (3.1I). If that's the case I'm good to go. Please clarify.

Thanks

Jorge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jorge,

You really need to check with your local SAP, because I guess your extended support for 3.1 is already over years back so I really doubt you will get your key from Service Marketplace.

Do you still open message for this Installtion number If yes then you can get but Otherwise I still doubt.

Regards

Shailesh

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is still possible to request license keys from SMP (technically), 3.1I is still in the selection list. However, you may need to make sure with your SAP sales rep that those licenses are valid for an unlimited time.

Markus