SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-U FICA Question for Mass activity BWOP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are extracting Business Partner Items data using tcode FPOP out of ECC to BW . We want to automate this extraction using mass activity BWOP in ECC but we cannot find the correct job category which works for Mass activity type BWOP. Please advice.

Thanks,

SB

10 REPLIES 10

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sid:

Which job categories have you used - and what do you mean that they have not worked? Have you tried categories BC or BW? They should suffice.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi William,

Job category BC (FICA CIBW Extraction Mass Act.) is used for mass activity CIBW (Cleared Items) and job category BW (FICA OIBW Extraction Mass Act.) is used for mass activity OPBW (open Items).

I was hoping there was separate job category for mass activity BWOP (Update of Delta Queue for Business Part.)

Thanks,

SB

0 Kudos

Ah - no that is not the case. Job category will group several jobs. If you need an own category, then copy one and define it in the customer namespace - there is not much functionality behind the job category values other than the ability to process the jobs in job commander.

0 Kudos

Hi William,

I am now using the job category "K2". But when I try running mass activity using BATCH its failing and asking me to enter the "activity event to move parameters" . Do you know which "event" is supposed to be configured for BWOP in the img settings for moving parameters?

Thanks,

SB.

0 Kudos

Hi SB,

We are also struggling to setup the correct functionality of delta extracting the 0FC_BP_ITEMS.

Do you have some kind of manual or setup guide which can be used in this scenario ?

SAP documentation fails on this subject

Kind regards,

Gert Jan Oostrum

0 Kudos

Hi Gert Jan Oostrum/SB,

We are also facing teh same problem in finding the activity type for BWOP. Did you guyz figure out a way or the correct value for the value of "event"?

Thanks,

Deb

0 Kudos

Note 1647768 fixes that problem.

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot William. But the Note does not apply to us. We are at FICA 6.02.

Any other ideas...

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Create a customer message and ask to have the note made available for 602 then.

0 Kudos

Mass activities, when requiring a parameter-copy automation -such a SAP CPS implementation- require the additional parameters or move parameters event (tfk090a-EVE_PARA) to be set. Some MassActivities may come with it on the standard package, some may not such as BWOP.

The following instructions have being successful for my own cases,  be sure to test it! Here it goes:

What is required is to create the event and the associated function module, and then assign it to BWOP mass activity.

1)  

1) Create function module, using FKK_SAMPLE_1701 (event 1701)  as a model. After creating the function module be sure to adjust it to BWOP functionality by changing the h_addons data type definition. Event 1701 uses FKK_MAD_0002 structure type (line 26), but BWOP requires the structure FKK_MAD_BWOP,  be sure to do this.

2)  

2) Define a new event and assign to it the just created function module. (view TFKFBM).

3)  

3) Assign this event as the move parameters event to BWOP mass activity. (cluster view VC_TFK090A-> General Control->Events).

4)  

Test it!