cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO.Server could not find server function 'CONTROL_RECIPE_AVAILABLE'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I've been trying to read some of the topics in the forums to find answers about the error JCO.Server could not find server function but still haven't resolve the issue.

Basically, the scenario is from SAP r/3 to PI 7.1 ehp1 (process integration) system.

All of the aforementioned steps we're done.

R/3 (SAP) end

1.) Create RFC destination (T)

2. ) Indicate the program ID

3.) Indicate the server/hostname

4.) Indicate the sap gateway

Test connection was made and it was successful.

SAP PI end.

Integration Directory (Let me skip from the basics and state directly the setup of my senderRFC)

1.) RFC Comm Channel (set as Sender)

2.) Indicated the server hostname (sending system), sap gateway and Program ID (basically what was indicated in RFC setup in SAP end)

3.) RFC Metadata Repository Parameters (In here I used the details of PI environment)..Created user with SAP_ALL profile..I used system without Load Balancing (Parameter, AppServer, SysNo, Logon User, Logon Password, Language and Client)

I was able to test a message from SAP end but still "JCO.Server could not find server function" was the result upon checking sm58.

Did I miss something from my setup and config?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved it by myself. Thanks SDN

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>3.) RFC Metadata Repository Parameters (In here I used the details of PI environment)..Created user with SAP_ALL profile..I used system without Load Balancing (Parameter, AppServer, SysNo, Logon User, Logon Password, Language and Client)

this cannot be PI env... it has to be R3 (the one that has this function module)

have a look at my blog...

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your immediate response.

I'll be changing my setup from your suggestion. Since I'll be creating a new user for for this one, what would be the User Type that is appropriate and its Role of this user? Thanks!

Cheers,

R-jay Galbizo

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you don't need a user - just do as per my blog that's all

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I guess there's a big difference with RFC Server Parameters and with RFC Metadata Repository Parameters.

Note: Im using PI 7.1 ehp1

For RFC Server Parameters it includes:

- Application Server (gateway)*

- Application Server Service (gateway)*

- Program ID*

For RFC Metadata Repository Parameters it includes:

- Load Balancing or no Load Balancing (choices)..in here my choice is no Load Balancing

- Application Server*

- System No*

- Logon Language*

- Logon Client*

- Authentication Mode (Use Log-on Data for SAP System or Secure Network Connection for RFC)

if Use Log-on Data for SAP System it includes:

- Logon User*

- Logon Password*

If Secure Network Connection for RFC it includes:

- Quality of Protection

- SNC Partner Name

Looked onto your blogs mentioned several times, but no information on RFC Metadata Repository Parameters.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Looked onto your blogs mentioned several times, but no information on RFC Metadata Repository Parameters.

can you just fill in as I did in the blog ?

and nothing else?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I have no problems looking onto your blog..

RFC Server Parameters is configured as what was configured in the RFC Destination of the Sending System..Object is activated..Tried sending another message (CONTROL_RECIPE_AVAILABLE), still on the sm58 (sending system) JCO.Server could not find server function 'CONTROL_RECIPE_AVAILABLE'

What would the possible cause be? Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got this resolved by myself!

JCO.Server could not find server function wasn't seen anymore via sm58 in sending system. What I did is changed the parameters in RFC Metadata Repository Paramaters from PI sytem to R/3 system since the PI system doesn't hold the RFC Metadata imported from R/3 (SAP).

Since the JCO.Server could not find server function is not seen anymore, I'm getting a new Status Text of Commit fault: com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.afcommunication..RfcAFWException:. Looking for some solutions over SDN. I'll keep this updated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue is now closed..resolved it by myself!

Thanks SDN