cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.1 - Communication Channel error

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

We have configured a JDBC receiver channel in PI 7.1 to import a database table structure in IR by using the new dbtab feature in external definition.

The DB Iu2019m trying to connect to is a MS SQL Server 2000 one. The jdbc driver we have deployed is the sqljdbc.jar included on Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driver 2.0. The value for the JDBC Driver and Connection parameters are as follows:

u2022 com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

u2022 jdbc:sqlserver://<db_Server>:port;databaseName=<db_name>

While trying the import of a table in PI 7.1 in the external definition of IR, I faced JDBC connectivity: A - Error occurred while attempting to connect to database. The error details are:

B - Exception during processing the payload. Error when calling an adapter by using the communication channel cc_reciever_database (Party: , Service: bs_receiver_interfase_caja_diaria, Object ID: e49d4d1013f237649ca75c1f651c46bb) XI AF API call failed. Module exception: (No information available). Cause Exception: 'JDBC Adapter configuration not initialized: null'.

In CC monitoring (of the RWB), the error message says:

C -Error when attempting to get processing resources: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:sqlserver:// <db_Server>:port;databaseName=<db_name>u2019: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Logon failure user 'xxxxx'.

As a validation, and taking under consideration that the deploy process has finished successfully, we were able to check the existence of the sqljdbc.jar file in: \usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGSXX\j2ee\cluster\bin\ext\com.sap.aii.adapter.lib\lib.

In NWA, the XPI Adapter: JDBC services is started. Also, the client port (1433) was checked and through the ODBC we were able to established the connection to the DB. However, the user we are using is not an SQL one (I mean is not the sa user for example). The user we were given only has w/r access to an specific table. Is there any special requisite for the user being used in the communication channel. Iu2019m mentioning that since the last part of the error C detailed above.

Please let me know if there is any other check I could to do in order to determine the issue is related to an incorrect sql driver, deployment of that driver or wrong user.

Thanks and regarsd

Edited by: diego77 on Feb 8, 2010 7:06 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Please check the location whether drvers are install succesfull or not.Please check the below steps.

1)The location is D:usrsapD31DVEBMGS00SDM ootoriginsap.comcom.sap.aii.af.jmsproviderlibSAP AG37.0014.20071029095337.0000aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda.zip

In this ZIP file u have to check Sqljdbc.jar whether installed or not.

2)Check in VISUAL Adminstrator.Select JDBC adapter->Drivers->Sqljdbc.jar

Please check this url for DRivers configuartion

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/60237e74-ef19-2b10-5a9b-b35cc6a28e83

3)Configuer the JDBC Adapter.

JDBC Driver:com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

CONNECTION:jdbc:sqlserver://IP ADDRESS:PORT;Database=HOST NAME;

USER NAME:sa

PWD:XXXXXXXx

Please do these steps ,u problem will resolve.

Thanks

Ravi

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your response. Bellow my findings in regards to your suggestions.

The location for the .jar files (sqljdbc.jar in this case) has changed for PI 7.1, however I was able to locate the file. The new path is:

<drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGSnn\j2ee\cluster\bin\ext\com.sap.aii.adapter.lib\lib.

Also I went through the NWA and under Configuration Management>Infrastructure>Java Class Loader Viewer, I was able to check the sqljdbc.jar file existence.

As of the connection parameters you mention in step 3, I would like to confirm the following. The Driver and connection URL had been defined as you mentioned in your response and also as it is described in the JDBC driver documentation, but my question is in regards to the user we have to use. As I've mentioned for security reasons, a user with r/w permissions to only an specific table was given to us. Through ODBC, we were able to connect to the DB...but we would like to confirm with you if the sa user or an user with similar permissions on the DB is required since on the Communication Channel monitoring we see the following:

com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:sqlserver:// <db_Server>:port;databaseName=<db_name>u2019: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Logon failure user 'xxxxx'.

Thanks again for your response and I'll wait for your comments.

Thanks.

Edited by: diego77 on Feb 9, 2010 2:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you tried connecting to database using any other database tools like Toad....

looks like the user used is not having sufficient privileges... for connecting to the database...

Check with the db team ..or DB owner..

HTH

Rajesh

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the response.

Finally we got DB administrator granted the user we are currently using in the CC, with the same permissions as the u201Csau201D user but still getting the same error.

However I would like to add one more detail. In the Communication Channel monitoring (in RWB), under the Cluster Node tab, the short log of the CC shows the following message:

Adapter has not provided any status information about this channel

In regards with the above message I wonder if the jdbc driver I've deployed is the correct one or maybe something is missing. Considering the DB I'm trying to connect to is an SQL 2000 one, the jar deployed was sqljdbc.jar contained in the Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driver 2.0. Is that correct?

Any other suggestion. Is there anything else should I check in order to determine if the error is related to the driver itself or the user being used for the connection?

Bwt, I've tried to deployed FTP_JDBC_ConnectionValidation_711.ear contained in note Note 1085539. However, the JSPM does not recognized the file even when I've started the tool with the config=/jspm/forceMode=true -config=/jspm/deployVersionRule=updateAll parameters. Any help on how to perform this specific deploy process?

Thanks and Regards

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

The issue has been solved. The problem was the user defined for the connection.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am getting error message "System Error" when i am running my application.

<SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: functiontemplate from repository was <null></SAP:AdditionalText>

this is the error i am getting

Regards,

Manohar