cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Adapter module for Receiver HTTP adapter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

I have a HTTP to HTTP scnario. We are not doing any message mapping as we have developed a generic solution for 6 messages to flow via one interface.

Now we are facing an issue and needs to truncate the length of one field in the target message from 12 to 8. This would have been very simple if we had mesage mapping step but this is not the case here.

The other option we though of is to write an adapter module which will read the payload and do the changes. Even this is simple adapter module but the problem is HTTP adapter does not support modules. The MODULE tab for HTTP adapter is greyed out.

Is there any way where i can change the payload of the message for HTTP to HTTP scenario without adding the message mapping step?

It is haulting a lot of test scripts hence your help will be hight appreciated.

REgards,

Yash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Is there any way where i can change the payload of the message for HTTP to HTTP scenario without adding the message mapping step?

yes this is pretty easy

/people/william.li/blog/2009/03/19/adapter-user-module-for-http-adapter

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal.

The confusion i have here is will this change effect all my HTTP adapter configuration? If i want this addtional class for only one scenario, how can i restrict that?

For Java adapters we call the adapter module only in that communication channel. How will this work?

Thanks,

Yash

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>The confusion i have here is will this change effect all my HTTP adapter configuration? If i want this addtional class for only one scenario, how can i restrict that?

it will not - you will have a new url for this new requirement and only if you use this new url it will work with the "module"

if you use the old one it will not be affected

>>>For Java adapters we call the adapter module only in that communication channel. How will this work?

you call a different url which is linked to a different http handler (copy of the original with your changes inside)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks once again Michal.

The next (and probably the last) question i have is like in normal adapter modules, we can pass parameters from the communication channel configuration. Can we do something similar here?

Rgds,

Yash

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

>we can pass parameters from the communication channel configuration. Can we do something similar here?

>

What parameters are you looking for....is it the dynamic configuration? May be this blog will provide you some link:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/04/26/xipi-throwing-generic-exceptions-from-any-type-of-mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont have a message mapping step to pass the dynamic parameter!

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What parameters do you want to pass?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use SOAP adapter and check "No SOAP envelope". So you have a Java based HTTP adapter where you can add adapter modules.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done what was required. We did both ABAP (as suggestd by Michal) and JAva using the SOAP adapter as an HTTP adapter.

Both works perfectly fine and we went ahead with the ABAP solution to be deployed.

thanks for the help.

Rgds,

Yash