cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Types of Alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I am not wrong ,there are three types of Alert. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Database Alert,Demand Combination Alert and Dynamic Alert...

Please let me know the differnce among these.

Which one is better :-- Database Alert or Dynamic Alert ?

Many Many thanks in advance...

Prabhat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

Database alerts are the ones which will be generates alerts

specific to deviation in standard database parameters from

which an user can take proactive actions accordingly

Demand combinations are the ones which will be used in

demand planning while planning a demand based on

various combinations (say like CVCs, MPOS, charactersitics

etc.,)

Dynamic alerts reflect the current planning situation, as it is in

the SAP liveCache. The system does not store them in the SAP

APO system database.

Depending upon the business requirements, these alerts will

be configured and hence these cannot be prioritised

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dynamic alerts-- mirror the current planning situation but are not saved in the database.They reflect the actual data in LiveCache. This alert type is NOT suitable for dealing with a large volume of planning objects because large numbers slow down performance.

Database alerts show the planning situation as it was during the planning run, or last executed macro. When dealing with large volumes it is best to perform a batch planning run using the appropriate database macro. The results of the planning run show the situation as it was at the time of the run, in other words, with database alerts you see a snapshot of the plan during run time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

Database alerts are alerts which are as per the situation of transactional data at the time of running the background jobs. whereas Dynamic alerts are the alerts which are automatically generated at every time condition is changed and are dynamic in nature w.r.t time.

Generally database alerts are set up for medium and long term planning as DP / SNP whereas dynamic alerts are set up for short term planning where you would like to have a immediate info for alerts. The performance would be an issue if you try to set up all alerts as dynamic alerts.

let me know if it helps.

Regards

Gaurav Mathur