cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the max file size that a Adapter Engine [J2SE] can handle ?

0 Kudos

We are having a scenario where a 4 GB compressed file needs to be sent across without mapping, I'm trying to explore the possible options to tackle this scenario.

Some of the options, we are considering :

- Sending a file from one Adapter Engine [J2SE] to another Adapter Engine [J2SE] bypassing PI. Adapter Logs will be monitored. What is the maximum file size that can be then handled assuming a standard installation ?

- What is the max file size that Adapter Engine [J2SE] can send through PI without mapping?

Any help with the above options or with any other possible solutions to handle extremely large file transfers will be much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Milind,

As others mentioned J2SE adapter is not a right solution for transferring 4 GB file. I have not tested this either.

Possible options are, 1. sharing a filesystem in Unix environment across servers (we are using this option in production), 2. Use of NAS solutions to share the files across multiple OS, which we have implemented recently.

--PP

0 Kudos

@ Michal - I would not want this through PI. But do you have any ball park figures for the max file size that can be sent from a J2SE adapter engine directly to another J2SE adapter engine?

@ Jai - The file is already compressed.

@ VJ - The reason behind looking at PI is that there is a support structure already in place to monitor the end points.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is something that is often discussed. Please refer -

0 Kudos

Thanks Shabarish, but I am looking specifically at the performance of the J2SE Adapter Engine. The post has useful information about the File Adapter.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

j2se is not a good option here

if you have 4gb then you need a copy solution

a) build an proxy that will just copy the file from sender dest to receiver

b) build an adapter that will do the same as proxy)

this way processing of this message will be controlled with SAP PI/XI

it will be as quick as copy & paste of the 4gb file

I did the a) for one of the flow for 300 mb and it works perfectly

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I was hoping this would get your attention

Do you have any other suggestions? as we are compelled to stick to the standard offering.

There would be very few requirements involving such large files, so the copy solution would be a no-go here. Nevertheless thanks for the solution, I shall try it out as a little project sometime later.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Do you have any other suggestions? as we are compelled to stick to the standard offering.

the point is - 4gb file cannot go via XI (it cannot be logged) so even AEE is out of the question as it logs once

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try and use PayloadZipBean. Use it to zip the file at sender and unzip at rxr channel. Using this bean I have been sucessful in transferring files upto 1GB in a few seconds.

Regards

Jai

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Using this bean I have been sucessful in transferring files upto 1GB in a few seconds.

one GB via PI in a few seconds ?

this bean first need to upload the file in order to zip it and can this happen in a few seconds ?

also how big was the file after zipping ? 1 kb ?

sorry I'm a bit skeptic but large files with PI in standard is something which I find hard to believe:)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would NEVER recommend PI for mere copying of files from one location to the other..!!

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

>>this bean first need to upload the file in order to zip it and can this happen in a few seconds ?

Yes. The whole process was completed in a few seconds. I dont remember the exact figures. But the entire scenario including zipping and unzipping did not take more than 1min.

>>also how big was the file after zipping ? 1 kb ?

It was in the range of a few MB.

Regards

Jai