Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound IDOCs: queue in PI communication channel

ronnypol
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

i've got data delivered as IDOCs. I'd like to read the data at a specific moment in our scheduling process but we don't have any influence when they will be send, that means we need the data today exactly at 2:23 a.m. and tomorrow at 2:55 a.m. and so on but the data will be send between 10 p.m. and 1a.m.

There are some solutions in the partner profile select - collect idocs, but we can't use this, because we dont't have access on this installation where the idocs come from. so we need to cache them into PI or the IDOC adapter of PI

After mapping the data will be send to JDBC or as IDOC.

Is there a possibility to buffer the incoming IDOCs in the outbound adapter - delayed processing - and trigger the adapter by our scheduler? Or maybe can i queue them after mapping? I know, that we could solve this challenge with ccBPM, but I like to do it without BPM. We are using PI 7.0.

Thanks in advance

Ronny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there are only 2 options If u are not on PI 7.1 ehp1 either u use BPM

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm

or without BPM

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

Edited by: Tarang Shah on Feb 8, 2010 6:54 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ronnypol
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me what exactly the report IDX_PACKET_WIZARD does? I couldn't find more information about it but it seams that i just can start some queued IDOCS, but how can i put a IDOC into a queue in PI?

Is it not possible to receive the IDOC first in the "partner profile" (hope you know what i mean) and later in the IDOC adapter of PI?

Is there a EHP1 for PI 7.0? I thought that EHP1 is only out for 7.1. And if this is true, how does it works with the collecting of IDOCs it's possible to cache them with the collector? And is it also possible to start them by type, i mean first "entities", later PO's.

Thanks in advance

Ronny

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check this report :

IDX_PACKET_WIZARD.

It can be helpful for your requirement

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you want to avoid BPM,

1. You need to be on PI 7.1 EHP1 or PI 7.0 EHP1 - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/01/22/idoc-packaging--sap-pi-71-ehp1-and-above

2. You will need access to the partner profile - /people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

other options u might want to explore is /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2009/05/21/xipi-collecting-idocs--possible-ways-with-pros-and-cons--5-ways