cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved and published items are not shown in the catalog search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We are implementing SRM 4.0 SSP scenario .

To support shopping of EBP we are also implementing CCM 2.0 as an add on.

Please note CCM and EBP are on same client and CAT & CSE are also on the same client.

No XI is involved. The catalog scheme was uploaded as CSV 2.0. The items for the catalog was created manually in CAT.

Although the item has the status "approved" and the procurement catalog which is also the master catalog was published successfully the item is not shown after searching by CSE in EBP. Also the categories of the scheme are not shown in the catalog search.

Do i have to approve the categories too and if yes can you explain me how to do this?

I think you see that I'm a newbie at srm and ccm and this problem is probably no real problem but I have not found any similar topics in the forum. So please can you help.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,

Bernd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd

What do you see when you try to retrieve the catalog?

Just empty or is there an error message, eg timeout or session terminated, etc.

Nicholas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

thanks for your post. I can open the catalog in ebp. But there is no category altough the categories was created by schema upload. There is no error message but the catalog doesn't find any item. If you want i can make some screenshots for you. You only have to inform me what screenshots are relevant.

BR,

Bernd

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Bernd: do you have Views defined in the procurement catalog that you published?

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bernd,

I recommend you try creating another procurement catalogue which you will publish and assign to the users on the Org structure. You should also check your master catalog is defined as a logical and backend system system in SPRO.

Regards,

Adeoye

PS: Please reward points accordingly for useful posts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serguei,

thank you for your post. To answer your question, yes I have defined a view in the procurement catalog and I have already published it and also assigend to the relevant role.

Best regards,

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adeoye,

what do you mean with defining a master catalog as a logcical and a backend system in SPRO?

BR,

Bernd

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Bernd: the reason I asked about views is that you don't have any error messages. This might indicate that (a) you have no items in the view, or (b) there's something wrong with view-role-user assignment.

To check for (a), please go to the published procurement catalog, and go to Views tab. Check that your View is Active. Click on your View ID link to display view details. You should see a list of characteristics assigned to your view in Assign Characteristics sub-tab (the list should not be blank!). Go to Assign Items sub-tab. Navigate in your schema to find items that are supposed to be assigned to your view. You should see "Yes" in the "Assigned" column for those products. If you don't, then you simply don't have any items in your view.

Another thing I'd like you to check: when the user calls your procurement catalog for search, do you see the name of the catalog displayed just below the drop-down "Select Categories Hierarchically"?

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serguei,

thank you for this solution. I did not know, that i have to assign the positions to the view. Now I can see my positions in the catalog search.

thanks to all who have posted.

Best regards,

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd

Sorry that I have not been catching up with this, but an alternative to assign the items to the view is to maintain rules. These rules act as a selection criteria so that when you update the Catalog with new materials you do not have to physically go and assign the item to the view.

If you need help doing this go to:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ccm20/helpdata/en/index.htm

Catalog Content Management -> Managing Catalog Content -> View Definition -> Rule-Based View Defination.

Hope this helps

Nicholas

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Bernd: what do you mean by "positions"? I don't understand this term in CCM context. Do you mean "catalog items"? If yes, then the easiest way, as Nicholas indicated, is to assign items to view via View Rules.

Cheers,

Serguei

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

Have you defined the 'integrated call structure' for your procurement catalog properly in IMG path: SRM->SRM Server ->Master data ->Define External web services ?

The same is majoe link between EBP and CCM.

If not pl. do the same with SSP config guide.

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

thank you for your answer. I have already implemented the integrated call structure in IMG. I thought i have not to create a link between ccm and epb if they both run on the same server. If you want i could send you screenshots of the settings in IMG.

BR

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

You can,

My ID is dinesh.powale@googlemail.com

If I can get any clue I will let you know.

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

can you inform me what screens and settings you want to see? Do you need screenshots in English?

BR

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

I want to see the screens where you have maintain the integrated call structure.

Ya, ofcourse I can not understand languages other than English.

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

In addition to Dinesh's post, please can you also check your Trex server is up and running and also check the RFC settings for "Specify RFC Destinations for TREX" in config. You can use the transation TREXADMIN(TREX Administration Tool) in SRM to test the RFC connection.

Regards,

Adeoye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd ,

Saw yr screen shots.

Just one more check,

Does the requestor who is making the SC has role,

/CCM/CATALOG_SEARCH

this role is required for viewing products in EBP from CCM

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

to answer your question, yes the user has the role /CCM/CATALOG_SEARCH.

BR,

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adeoye,

thank you for your post. Can you explain me what to do in transaction TREXADMIN. I have to choose any queues but there are no existing queues. Could this be the problem? The RFC-connection-test by using transaction SM59 does not fail.

BR,

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bernd,

In this transaction you should select your TREX RFC connection from the drop down list, then select infrastructure topology, under TREX, select index and check if you have an index already generated.

You can regenerate your index by going to transaction SE38 and enter TREX_RFC_CREATE_INDEX. Execute the report.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adeoye,

I have checked the mentioned settings in transaction se03. There is an index shown in the tab "infrastructure topology". If you want i can send you a screenshot of the index.

BR,

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bernd,

Have you checked SLG1 to see if you have any errors related to this issue? You should also go to https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/support and download this doc "Configuration Fact Book CCM 2.0 - A Guide to CCM 2.0 – configuration made easy" to check your config.

Rgds,

Adeoye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adeoye,

i have checked SLG1. There is no error related to CCM. I have also read the Fact Book CCM 2.0. But i have not found any fault in my configuration.

The following logs are in SLG1: all have green lights

CSE Protokoll-erster Eintrag

SCHEMA MASTERKATALOG will be used

User CCMUSER will be used to determine views

BR,

Bernd