cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply ABAP Patches/support packs/stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAPians,

We are in test system with trainees and have minimal access to Services/Marketplace.

We have our dumps in a remote system from which we have uncared and stored there respected ATT and PAT files in EPS/in folder for stack 14-19 upgrade

Yet we are not able to find anything in the queue of SPAM. We are also not able to perform any action in SPAM and it says that No OCS packages found for this selection

Please help and thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos
V Basis

Ya, but as i said at diffrent uncars the files are uncared at different locations rather than the same location!!

And is the file same where we maintain DIR_EPS_ROOT parameter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this post is almost solved, but for . .

We maintained the DIR_EPS_ROOT in the file in /sys/profile for JSPM

But for ABAP is the same file, coz the sapcar -xvf is uncaring the files into EPS/IN but in directories of its own choice. Sometimes it puts them in My Documents

, sometimes in F or D directory.

Please Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on the location you are calling the SAPCAR from (ex. D:/sapcar -xvf *.SAR, E:/sapcar -xvf .CAR)., As long as I know sapcar will extract the packages at the very same location you are running it from... in my case i would put my files under /usr/sap/trans/.SAR or *.CAR and will run sapcar -xvf from this location so the .PAT and ATT files will be copied directly to /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in.

I would recommend you to use this location /usr/sap/trans/EPS for DIR_EPS_ROOT to avoid any confusion but the decision is entirely yours.

V...

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I would strongly advice you to review the pre-requisite note before implementing any patch on system..

More over have you upgraded your system to latest kernel and done spam/saint version upgrade ?

Regards, Amber S

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello , One more way to check pre requisite is - once you login to spam transaction

click on all support packages radio buttonn, next screen will provide you all the packages which are available in system and which all packages have been a[pplied till now.

If you expand the components like SAP-HR it will show you the pre requisite component like if you need SAP-BASIS and SAP-ABA for applying SAP-HR. Hope it gives you overview.

Let us know if further information is required.

Regards, Amber S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAPiens

Thanks this problem is solved but we're stuck at another level.

There are some prerequiasite errors. One says there is a requirement for some SAPKB file. All our original files were KA and well defined in a queue.

Why do we need KB files and please provide the name for SNOTE for stack 14-19 upgrade for ABAP??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAPKA is SAP_ABA component has dependencies on SAP_BASIS which is SAPKB.. You have to add them into the queue to apply SAPKA patches..

V...

Edited by: V Basis on Feb 8, 2010 6:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you loaded the SPs in SPAM? Go to "SPAM"> Click "Load Packages"> Select "From Application Server"..

It should show you the packages.. Once this is done you can go to the queue. If you have done that, then check the DIR_EPS_ROOT parameter, it should point the correct location where you have stored SPs.

V...