cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Assignment in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I aim to control SRM-MDM 2.0 which contract prices are still valid and which are not. My idea is to create "vaildity date fields" in the Contract Prices Lookup table. In consequence, I would be able to use assignement to check the validity of each price, and set the price to "Obsolete" it was out of date.

My problem is that I do not know how to launch automatically this assignement. I would like this one to be launched every night for example. I do not think inserting the assignement in a workflow would solve the issue, as I want to check the actual data in MDM (not importing data).

I guess clix syntaxes would not work either.

Has someone an idea of how to laucnh an assignement automatically?

Thanks in Advance.

Stephane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephane,

This is not possible within MDM. Yes there is another way to achieve this you can create a MDM Work flow and include these assignments to the workflow and call that workflow through some external application you can schedule that application as per the time you want.

Regards,

Vinay Yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinay,

thanks for your answer.

The problem is, as I understand MDM Wokflow possibilities, this can only concern data and action which trigger it (for instance, a modification in the catalog items).

How can I launch a Workflow on ervery data already contained in the repository? And how can I schedule this Workflow via external applications?

Does anybody has a suggestion to automatically set to "inactive" MDM out-of-date data?

Thanks.

jean-philippe_pain2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Stephane,

Please refer to this link, i think it will answer your question :

Regards,

Jean-Philippe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jean-Philippe, this thread helped me a lot!

I will trigger a threhold WF on all my catalog items via the MDIS, and set an assignement is that WF.

Stephane

Answers (0)