cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space problem in Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am in the middle of IDEAs Installation of ECC 6.0.Though I am having 300 GB of space till it is giving me error while creating the tablespaces.I am using HP-Unix & Oracle

ERROR 2010-02-05 20:07:03.114

FCO-00011 The step checkFreeDiskSpace with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|10|0|NW_CreateDB|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_OraDBCheck|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_OraDBMain|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_OraDBStd|ind|ind|ind|ind|3|0|NW_OraTablespace2|ind|ind|ind|ind|6|0|checkFreeDiskSpace was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step :Unable to create the tablespaces. DIAGNOSIS: There is not enough free disk space: Mount point | space required | space available | SAPDATA directories

/oracle/TST/sapdata2 | 66000 | 64470.1 | 2

/oracle/TST/sapdata3 | 68200 | 64470.1 | 3

. SOLUTION: Make more disk space available.).

How much space is required for IDEAs Installation of ECC 6.0??How to resolve it??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashley,

As per the above error message, mount points /oracle/TST/sapdata2 and /oracle/TST/sapdata3 are allocated space of 64470.1GB each, but actually in installation, its requirement is 66000

GB and 68200 GB respectively. Hence, I would suggest you to increase the mount points size to 70 GB for all datafiles mount points and then try.

Hope this should solve your issue and as per my experience and ECC 6.0 IDES system database size would be 250 to 300 GB (This is only DB size).

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath Babu M

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Clearly you filesystems are not big enough to accomodate the data... increase the size of /oracle/TST/sapdata* to 70Gb and try again.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the log file of the database, it will be very large during the import phase.

Backup the database log or shrink the log file and you will get more free space.