cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTS+ vs NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that NWDI offers much more functionality (CMS, CBS, DTR) for JAVA based development than CTS+ which offers transport management for ABAP and non-ABAP objects.

However, given that NWDS now has close coupling with CTS+, allowing developers to associate their development objects with transport requests, I am unable to understand the value NWDI offers unless the organization wants to do some serious JAVA development using distributed teams. Most of the time, projects require minor adjustments/developments whereby a single developer is responsible for the complete application. Consequently, they use NWDI more as a version control technology rather than full fledged Lifecycle management. This results in a rather expensive CVS repository which can easily be replaced with an open source product as Eclipse offers native support for CVS

Can anyone share their view on the value NWDI offers for SAP JAVA development teams given that CTS+ and open source CVS can offer the required functions and eclipse integration easily?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try putting SAP properietary projects (i.e. Web Dynpro) in CVS...

Besides that, CTS+ only comes into play after the Assembly stage of NWDI.

Edited by: Pascal Willemsen on Feb 8, 2010 2:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for raising a very valid point on Web Dynpro JAVA development. Have you tried this before with non-SAP CVS systems?

I understand that CTS+ kicks-in after assembly. I am looking at an open CVS for versioning (rather than DTR) and local build (rather than CBS).

Regards,

Shehryar

Answers (0)