Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM catalog scenario without PI

dmp-dmagi_cml
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm trying to implementing MDM (without PI) and I would like to know how can I upload material, categories and suppliers to the MDM, in order to create a catalog.

Is that possible? Or we realy need PI scenario?

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Andreia Nascimento

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreia,

Yes it is possible to upload the data material, categories and suppliers to MDM with out using XI/PI.

The data can be exported in the form of .exl or .xml form the source System(for example ECC System).

Now from these files the data can be uploaded to MDM System . Using the import Manager or Import Server. If you are using Import Manager then yo anthe source files can be uploaded from any specific location.

Then you can select the source file from any specific location and upload it to MDM.If you want to use Import Server then you need to define the in bound port and remote system.Create the map in import Manager and save it assign this map to in the inbound port created earlier. Now when a file will come to the ready folder of inbound port the import manager will pick up the file and upload it to the MDM System.

Once the data is in MDM it can be published to the SRM EBP(Enterprise Buyres Portal for shopping).

Using PI you can follow the following steps

Replicate Product Data from SRM:

To send product data from SRM system to SRM-MDM Catalog repository, execute report BBP_CCM_TRANSFER_CATALOG (transaction BBP_CCM_TRANSFER) in my SAP SRM.

Replicate Contract Data from SRM:

To send contracts from SRM system to SRM-MDM Catalog repository, execute report SRMMDM_CTR_TRANSFER (transaction SRMMDM_CTR_TRANSFER) in SRM.

Replicate Supplier Data from SRM:

To upload suppliers from the SRM system to the SRM-MDM Catalog repository, execute the report u201CROS_SUPPLIER_SEND_TO_CATALOGu201D in my SAP SRM.

Regards,

Vinay Yadav

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

I have similar query as well. Just to clarify, are you saying that if we do not have PI, we will not be able to run reports such as BBP_CCM_TRANSFER_CATALOG, meaning we have to write our own export program?

Appreciate your clarification on this.

Cheers!

SF

Answers (0)