cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate BOM assignment in Subcontracting Reciepts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have the subcontracting scenario mapped in APO SNP whereby we generate Subcontracting reciepts at tolling plant and the corresponding SNP Planned orders at the vendor location for generating dependent demand for components. The PDS is used for BOM linking to SNP planned orders and it is generated through TOLL production version maintained in R3 and assigned to Purchasing Info record.

The requirement is that we should be able to assign an alternate BOM in R3 to subcontracting reciepts when required. For this we have generated the new Production version TOL2 having different BOM. However as we cant have two inforecords for the same vendor hence we have generated one more vendor and info record.

Now through APO by changing procurement priority of PDS, we can change the vendor and hence demand generated on the alternate component during planning. But when we try to change the Info record in R3 subcontracting reciept at tolling plant ,the Info record assigned to purchase requistion changes but the production version assigned remains the same as TOLL and does not change to TOL2.

Hence my queries are:

a) Is there a possibility of changing the Production version attached to the subcontracting reciept at tolling plant in R3 ? If yes, will it result in changes in the source of supply in planned orders at vendor location or it will be done during planning ?

b) Is there any other way to map the above scenario ? In PPDS etc

Let me know if you require any inputs for more clarification.

Regards

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. Many times if there are more number of components in a bom with different quantities for reducing efforts changes can be done in info record.

Still I agree this solution is not convincing.

This is limitation in ECC for subcontracting process. For more information refer to SAP note-: 458606.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

In ECC at purchase requisition level it is not possible to select alternative BOM based on different production version in different info records. But while conversion of PR to PO if you change production version in info record componenta will be according to different BOM.

If you have requirement to get it in purchase requisition it is not possible in standarad ecc.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for your quick reply . But changing in Info record during PO conversion would mean master data changes every time the alternate BOM is desired.

In that case I might recommend changing the BOM component itself in the PR which can be changed manually.

Regards

Gaurav Mathur