cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of CRM Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have landscape with ECC anc CRM integrated. Now we are planning to upgrade CRM Patch level but without changing ECC Patch level. Will there be a impact on the integration. If Yes what ? And is there any link where I can do a Impact Analysis ?

regards,

Pravash Raikar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To which all components you are planning to updgrade the patch levels and to what level you want to upgrade. Also, what is the version of CRM and ECC you are using.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

Existing system details :

1> CRM 5.0 Stack 08

2> ECC 6.0 Stack 10

Plan to upgrade CRM 5.0 to Stack 14

regards,

Pravash Raikar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you are only updating the support patches for the components, there should not be any impact on the integration (Middleware) between CRM and ECC as per my experience, where I have updated SP12 to SP14 in CRM 6.0

Probably, there could be some issues relating to other areas coming up. Hence first try this out on a test bed (Apart from dev, qlt and production) if you have any and check out of your existing scenarios are wokring fine or not.

Note: Ensure that there are no pending activties in middleware queues while applying the support patches and the middleware generation is executed (transaction GN_START) after each upgrade (i.e. Wave 2 to Wave 3) in order to avoid error entries in the qRFC queues.

Hope clarified.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath Babu M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

Thank you for your prompt response. Can you share any links on IIntegration of CRM with ECC Issues.

We are already in the process of building a test environment .

Based on your experience you have said that there might not be any issues but is there any SAP link where we can make

a analysis.

Approciate your support on this.

regards,

Pravash Raikar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no such document and as I have done it in one of the implementation project in the earlier stage with little amount of development was started.

But only thing I have observered is that when you are applying patches for CRM related components make sure that there no pending documents in queues.

Gud Luck!!!!! After your test bed is ready please share your experience.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was going through your discussions as because similar situation arises in my case also. Our SAP system is also an integrated system of CRM 5.0 & ECC 6.0. After an upgrade performed in CRM system, the middleware has stopped. System is throwing a message No generation performed. Call transaction GN_START. After getting this message, I have executed transaction GN_START to generate MW objects. But still the problem is not resolved.

Kindly suggest a solution.

Thanks & regards,

Rupam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Post upgrade of CRM we had a middleware issue wherein an existing queue was modified by the upgrade.

This queue was stuck . This queue had to be cleared . Run BDOC's again .

The queue name is CSA_MASS_BUPA (Business Partner Mass update queue) .

Check this out .

regards,

Pravash Raikar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravash,

Thanks a lot for your valuable response. Can you please tell me how to run Bdocs and how to clear the Queues ????

I'll be highly obliged and waiting for your reply. Please help.

Thanks & regards,

Rupam.

Edited by: rupamsap on Mar 5, 2010 10:45 AM

Edited by: rupamsap on Mar 5, 2010 10:45 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rupam,

1> Goto SMQ2 and select queue and delete it.

2> Start CRM - ECC Load again . That will restart the BDoc.

regards,

Pravash Raikar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravash,

I have deleted the entries that were lying in 'SMQ2'. After that I tried to start CRM-ECC load ( R3AS ), but system is throwing the following error messages-----

1. "No generation performed. Call transaction GN_START".

2. "Due to system errors the Load is prohibited (check transaction MW_CHECK)!".

Please suggest.

Thanks & regards,

Rupam.

Edited by: rupamsap on Mar 6, 2010 8:53 AM

Edited by: rupamsap on Mar 6, 2010 8:53 AM