Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Quantity not updated after assigning Reason for Rejection in Order

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All

I am facing an issue in Sales Process. My requirement is :- Suppose I created a Contract for 100 UOM, and then a release Order with ref. to this contract for 20 UOM. Then we create Delivery against this release order for 15 UOM. Now the order has 5 UOM balance, and we reject this item through Reason for rejection. Now again when we create the Order with reference to the Contract created earlier the order should pull 85 UOM ( 100 less 15 for which the delivery created, as the balance 5 UOM of order is rejected in order, so only 15 UOM is used from previous Order).

BUT, the system is pulling the entire quantity from contract,ie., 100 UOM. And if I do not reject the order then it pulls 80 (100 less 20).

Our requirement is that system should pull only 85 UOM in above case, even when the order with balance 5 UOM is rejected.

Is this standard SAP??

How can I achieve my requirement?

Thanks and Regards

Amitesh Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The issue discussed with SAP, and as per their response, this is standard SAP behaviourand there is no solution as on date.

Their suggestion is to reduce the order quantity so that Ordered quantity = Delivered Quantity, so as per our example, reduce the order quantity to 15 and then save the order.

Thanks and regards

Amitesh Anand

Edited by: AA on Feb 10, 2010 2:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this just change the order qty in release order i.e. 20 to the qty that is delivered - 15. So automatically system will give you the balance qty i.e. 85 when you create new release order.

Hope you get some inputs

regards,

Sagar

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar

You can do the rejection even after partial Delivery as the field for rejection is still open and you can select the same as per your requirement and save it.

You are right that we can change the quantity and then save the order. This looks easy when you have one or two subsequent delivery, but if the subsequent deliveries are more than 5 or 10 then it will be again required to add the delivery quantity and then do the change in order quantity which is a difficult job and user may do some mistake here.

Any other idea??

Regards

AmiteshAnand

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Waiting for Experts response.

Regards