cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item category usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for item category determination, we can define our own usage. My question where in the sales order can we see the usage.

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As far Item category usage is concerned, it controls the system response if during document processing an item does not refer to a material but to a text item. It is important for item category determination. Basially it is config related entry and is stored in table "TVVW" and absolutely not visible at Sales Order level.

Regards,

Sarthak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The item usage indicator controls the system reaction when you process a sales document item in a certain context.

This indicator can be used for determination of item categories, where you can use it to control which other item categories are to be found in a certain environment (text items and packing items, for example).

It can also control which items are to be billed in a service quotation or the corresponding sales order and which are only there for statistical reasons.

Regards

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ITEM USAGE will be determined from the CUSTOMER MATERIAL INFO RECORD in VD51

Please maintain the value in VD51 and enter the Usage in ITEM CATEGORY DETERMINATION in VOV4

Then if you process the order with the Customer and Material created in VD51 then the ITEM CATEGORY will be determined based on the usage in VOV4

Please check it and revert

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To my knowledge, item usage helps in determining the item category.

It is hard coded and will not be available in sales order.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my views, you cant see it in order thats depend on your material whether is a text material or packing material.

Regards,

MT