cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simplifying repair process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I need to configure the repair process in a easier way.

Like in service order I need to get to choose the spare parts that are to be consumed corresponding to the reference object only and all other spares should be hidden. Is it possible to confirm materials without posting them.

The tecnician should be able to select among certain problem description relavant to the equipment.

In standard system is it possible to get direct cost entry for services performed without confirming time or doing time entry?

Is task list of any help in this scenario?

Thanks in advance

Subhro

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like in service order I need to get to choose the spare parts that are to be consumed corresponding to the reference object

only and all other spares should be hidden.

-->> Please Maintain the BOM for the Equipment . You can access directly from the order and it will display the spares assigned to the equipment.

Is it possible to confirm materials without posting them.

-->> This is not clear. If you assigned a material in the order . It will request for reservation. It depends whether you get it issue to order or not so posting come only when you do the financial related transaction. ( Goods Issue/receipt)

The tecnician should be able to select among certain problem description relavant to the equipment.

--->> Maintain catalog profile for the Equipment. There are different ways to do it. You can use code and code group or solution database if you are looking for diagnostic way of approach.

In standard system is it possible to get direct cost entry for services performed without confirming time or doing time entry?

-->> This should be possbile in resource related billing. Please check it out.

DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DP

Thanks for your comments.

I tried using material BOM and assigned the material in construction type in eqipment. In structure list I can see the material componenets of the material BOm but they are neither coppied into component nor can i select from the list. Need help!

As for catalog/code/code groups I am not sure how to use it for order. please guide.

and about material confirmation i thing backflushing should work. My requirement is to avoid material posting.

thanks a lot.

Subhro