cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict total returns qty to the Original Invoice qty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have created return Order for the part of the quantity in the Original Invoice, And when i raise another RETURN again for the Orginal Invoice, Again im able increase the return qunatity for the total Orginal Quantity. A massage - warning is shown when i'm creating the 2nd return, there is a credit note for the no of units of 50. Eventhoug still i can raise the 2nd Return for the total quantity of the Orginal Invoice.

Exaple : Original Invoice Qty is 100, and 1st return for 50. And when raising the 2nd return, still i can create the 2nd return for the quantity of 100.

Please advice how to restrick the total returns quantity for the Orginal nvoice quantity.

Thank u

Uwanthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasanga,

were you able to find solution to your problem? I am facing the same.. the original invoice quantity should decrease whenever a return order is created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasanga/ deriada gemma,

I have tested the same scenerio in my system and found there are three messages appear during the process

There are already returns for item 000010: 5 PC

Message no. V1499

Credit memos already exist for item 000010: 5 PC

Message no. V1523

The above two messages are V1 messages and these are hard-coded, No one can change it without having proper authoraization.

But the thrid message which belongs the class V4 --> go to T-code OVAH --> change the status of message V4229 from warning to error. After that no body can increase the quantity.

Item 000010: Order quantity (30 PC) greater than billed quantity (10 PC)

Message no. V4229

Hope this helps.

Regards,

MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MT,

The message V4229 only appears if the line in the return is greater that the line in the invoce, it doesnt check previous deliveries, only the other 2 messages do this.

What would be the easiest way to add code to messages V1499 and V1523 since they are on include fv45ef0v_vbep-wmeng_pruefen_fo and not in a user exit?

Thank you,

Regards

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasanga

Here you can change warning message into error message.

You can use transaction OMEO.

SPRO --> Materials Management --> Purchasing --> Environment Data --> Define Attributes of System Messages --> System messages.

Else

go thru the below thread

Thanks,

Swamy H P

Edited by: swamy kumar on Feb 8, 2010 1:26 PM

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

T code OVAH change message number V4 ---083 from warning to error

This will solve your issue

Mostly i think this is the message number

Otherwise

A massage - warning is shown when i'm creating the 2nd return, 
there is a credit note for the no of units of 50. Eventhoug still i can 
raise the 2nd Return for the total quantity of the Orginal Invoice.

While the warning msg comes note down the msg number

It is surely message type V4 only

In T code OVAH change message number from warning to error

Regards

Raja

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the inputs for field PLMIN in copy control- for your req. it sholud be 'positive'

Thanks

Chidambaram