cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform Function Mocule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

iam new to forms and i have a question and moreover this may silly question i have searched but not get corrct answer

after developing a form it is generating a function module

and in program we use SSF_FUNCTION MOSULE to get that function module and we r not directly using the form generated function module is their any specific reason for that

if we use that function module directly is their any performance issue

Thanks

Surendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

praveen_hannu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surendra

I believe nothing will be differ if you use directly the FM name or using the SSF_FUNCTION MOSULE. Main use of this is, if you have to refer more than one form, it will be helpful in the program and it is easier to remember, instead of generated function modules.

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

Good Morning

Thnaks for ur reply

is their any specific reason

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The name of the generated FM can (and probably) will differ per system (Development, Quality, Production). On every system this FM is generated again.

antony_paul2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suri,

Its not because of any performance issue.

Internal Function Module Name generated for a particular smartform depends on the system. i.e it will be different for different system ( Developent / Quality / Production ) . So we use FM SSF_FUNCTION MODULE to fetch the Internal FM name of the smartform for each system.

Hope you have understood why we are using the FM SSF_FUNCTION MODULE.

Regards,

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micky

Thanks for ur responce

is their any more apart from this

ur answer is helpful

Regards

Surendra

former_member217544
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suri,

Yes, there uis specific reason.

Check this link:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/Importanceofthefunctionmodule+SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME

Regards,

Swarna Munukoti

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna

Very Helpful answer