cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need TP command for Add Transport Request to import Queue all at a time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP gurus,

Can you tell the o/s or TP command to Add Transport Request to import Queue all at a time which are available in co files directory ,

Because I have to add 500- 600 request . For every request I canu2019t do like this STMS_IMPORT -- Extras=> other requests -add--

Thanks and regards

babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can export list of all transport requests from your DEV system in one shot, from SE09-> Display (provide your required selection criteria) -> Goto -> "Display as List"

You can export these all Transport Requests as Spreadsheet. Then Filter out all your required 400 to 500 Transport Requests.

Now,use another excel sheet to create a file with the list of required transport request Nos only, then concatenate all of them to generate the required TP commands as mentioned below.

The syntax will become as follows:

column1           column2         column3 

tp addtobuffer DEVK900123 <SID> pf=<Drive>:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL
tp addtobuffer DEVK900124 <SID> pf=<Drive>:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL
tp addtobuffer DEVK900125 <SID> pf=<Drive>:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL
tp addtobuffer DEVK900126 <SID> pf=<Drive>:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL
tp addtobuffer DEVK900127 <SID> pf=<Drive>:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL
tp import          DEVK900123 <SID> client=### pf=<Drive>:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL
tp import          DEVK900124 <SID> client=### pf=<Drive>:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL
tp import          DEVK900125 <SID> client=### pf=<Drive>:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL
tp import          DEVK900126 <SID> client=### pf=<Drive>:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL
tp import          DEVK900127 <SID> client=### pf=<Drive>:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL

-> Open Notepad and Copy+Paste these three columns & save the text file in the <Drive>:\usr\sap\trans\bin\ folder.

-> Then rename this .txt file to *.bat.

-> open a command prompt and change to the <Drive>:\usr\sap\trans\bin\ folder and run the .bat batch file.

Make sure that object lists of all the Trans. Requests are checked and confirmed for the transport to avoid data incosistency in target system. (e.g. Number Range Object)

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavik G. Shroff

thank you bhavaik, thanks a lot for your king replies

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, what is your OS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ERIC,

our o/s is windows ..

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

where is your list of 500 transports. In an e-mail? a text file? somewhere else?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi eric,

i didnt get you. is any diffrence

request are in . txt file

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try these. Of course, adapt parameters to your system

FOR /F "tokens=*" %%I IN (yourtextfile.tst) DO tp addtobuffer %%I PRD pf=\\SAPTRANSHOST\sapmnt\trans\bin\tp_domain_DEV.PFL

FOR /F "tokens=*" %%I IN (yourtextfile.tst) DO tp import %%I PRD client100 pf=\\SAPTRANSHOST\sapmnt\trans\bin\tp_domain_DEV.PFL

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you should adjust import queue the request, after the "addtobuffer".

thanks

ferhan

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we use Excel to build our commands.

to add to buffer:

=IF(A10="","","tp addtobuffer "&LEFT(A10,10)&" PRD pf=
SAPTRANSHOST\sapmnt\trans\bin\tp_domain_DEV.PFL")

A10 contains the transport number

to import:

=IF(A10="","","tp import "&LEFT(A10,10)&" PRD client400 u012 pf=
SAPTRANSHOST\sapmnt\trans\bin\tp_domain_DEV.PFL")

now all you need to do is to copy the results and paste in in a command prompt or telnet windo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi eric,

Thanks for ur reply, but i want to add 400 to 500 Requeststo Q at a time, can you help in this issue ,

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My trick will work. you need to copy and paste the list of 500 transports and excel, then, copy the formulas I gave you.

finally, with the generated formulas, you copy and paste the results in a command prompt.

This is more work for the first time you build this, but will be a breeze next time you hit this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Eric ,

Thank you very much for your quick responce , I am not that much good in EXcel can you please expain clearly ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can follow the process specified in above post to add by OS. Else if the list of imports are already imported in some other system already, you can go to import history of that system, filter the list of 500+ requests select them all and select option Request>forward>provide target SID and client number. you get the entire list into the target SID without problem.

Even if request was shown imported for more than once in source System, forward will send the request only once not multiple times.

Hope this helped.........

regards,

Sita rama raju u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chittibabu,

Below is the TP command. This will add the TR to the queue.

tp addtobuffer <TR number> <SID> client<client> pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL

as this one time activity, follow the below steps,

1) if your OS is UNIX or AIX, go to /usr/sap/trans/cofiles

2) type the command ' ls -1 > tr.lst'. Now all the TR numbers will be written to tr.lst.

3) ftp the file tr.lst to ur desktop and open with notepad.

3) do a ctrl + h and replace all 'R' with '<SID>K' and replace all .<SID> with blank

4) open an excel sheet, and copy the above tp command and Just copy the first line for 500 times. (simply by drag them) &split that to columns.

5) in the column with TRnumbers, copy the content from the notepad

6) copy the entire stuff and go back to server and do a 'vi trs.sh' and paste by right click.

7) change the file mode to 777 and execute.

this will add the TRS to queue.

Hope this helps.

with regards,

Rajesh.

please do not request points

Edited by: Eric Brunelle on Feb 8, 2010 8:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Rajesh ,

Thanks for your reply , but we are using Windows operating system ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear chittibabu,

try to play with some scripting.

Regards

Shailesh