cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible and How to delete local DCs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I use NWDS to devlelop some java applications, but I found every time when I opened the Developer Studio, there are nothing in Inactive DCs unless I import development configurations from the CMS server, once I did it, there will be a new Local DC created in the Local DCs view, for example:

DEMO_dev[0]

DEMO_dev[1]

DEMO_dev[2]

DEMO_dev[3]

DEMO_dev[4]

I want to know whether it is normal situation that everytime when DS is opened, there will be a new local one created?

And also I want to know whether it is ok to delete the old ones, for example in this case:

DEMO_dev[0]

DEMO_dev[1]

DEMO_dev[2]

DEMO_dev[3]

be deleted?

I have tried to delete one, but IDE pop up error message:"Action failed--Server access failed, because configuration is in offline mode". But I can assure you that I am online because I just import the development configurations.

Could anyone tell me the reason for it?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

When you start NWDS you are not automatically logged in in the CMS server.

In the "Active DCs" or "Inactive DCs" click in the context menu of "OFFLINE" on "Login". After this you'll see the Development Configuration you imported and all of its DC's.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alain,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried your way but it does not work:(

When I open the developer studio, in the Inactive DCs view, there displays 'Offline', in the 'Local DCs' view, there are many DCs as I describe in the above message, once I right click the 'offline' and login to the CMS, there will be TOTALLY nothing in the inactive DCs view, I don't know why... and in the DTR console view, there displays 'No development configuration imported'.

If I choose to import the development configuration, there will be one more DC added to the Local DCs view...

could you give some more suggestions?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Nick

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

When u see the *_Dev[X] it is dev configuration,

they could be remote(if u r working with 04 or 04s) or local configuarion u have created in 710 and higher releases

they can by removed from IDE choosing from NWDS,

let me know what excatly u want to remove here.

one more thing is they could be from different sld u have imported earlier.

Pavan

Edited by: Pavan Patil GC on Feb 10, 2010 5:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

Thank you for your reply.

For detailed description, I have made a word document but since SDN doesn't support attachment, I just upload it to a temporary web folder, could you please kindly check it at ftp://6018.99rr.net/ with username 6018 password 123456? there is only one file there named "cannotdeletelocalDCs.doc", thank you very much for your time. if you could not access the address, could you kindly provide me your mail address so that I can send it to you?

By the way, I have only one SLD configured.

Best regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i canot access it , id is available in business card.

i canot enter id here

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have checked the doc,

Those were may be created and some how corrupted on your file system.

here are my suggestions

1. Please delete folders in ex 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 etc in .dtc and .dtr folders and import once again,

these are in C:\Documents and Settings\<userid>\ path

2. They could have been imported and on file system may be deleted or corrupted, as in the doc it should not say you are offline if your to the same sld and same track. So you can delete as i mentioned above by close NWDS and restart with the new DC workspace.

need more help let me know.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Thanks so much for your kind help.

Finally I have solved the problem after thousands of trial:) the reason for this is that I specified wrong local workspace/dtr directory root, the directory contains none English characters. Hope this may have value to other guys who have the same problem.

Thanks all again.

Best regards,

Nick