cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java add-in installation problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I'm trying to instal the Java add-in on a working ABAP AS NW2004s. The installationprocess starts but hangs at phase 9 'Start Java engine'.

Looking in MMC I see SDM & dispatcher process are running and server0 process is at status starting applications (STARTING_APPS). But it's alread there for 1200 minutes, so I suppose something is not right.

Already browsed some notes and some topics here and had a look at the dev_jcontrol, dev_server0 and std_server0.out file. No error or note number displayed in any of these files.

what I do find is this in dev_server0:

"VM Thread" prio=5 tid=0x00000000016a5720 nid=0x1504 runnable

"VM Periodic Task Thread" prio=10 tid=0x00000000016a5920 nid=0x11c8 waiting on condition

"Suspend Checker Thread" prio=10 tid=0x00000000016a5820 nid=0x8ac runnable

[Thr 4848] JLaunchISetState: change state from [Starting (2)] to [Starting applications (10)]

No idea if this 'waiting on condition' is relevant for this issue.

Java version using: 1.4.2_10

Any help is highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance...

Roel

Message was edited by: Roel Beckers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Java add-in is only supported on NW 2004s as of SR1. Are you on SR1 or higher?

Please also see latest logs in

/usr/sap/<SID>/SCS<nn>/work/

/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<nn>/j2ee/cluster/dispatcher/log/

/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<nn>/j2ee/cluster/server0/log/

/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<nn>/work/dev_w<n> etc. ( check if you see any relevant error messages inside of these files )

Of special interest would be the default.trc files in the j2ee.... directories.

Regards,

Sanket

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

you should not use nanything higher then 1.4.2_08, because there is a bug in java that hangs your installation (or slows it down significantly). Don't know which version takes away that bug, but it surely is this version.

Regards,

Benny

PS: There is also a note about this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benny,

thanks for your reply.

forgot to mention that I'm installing this on a IA64 bit machine. I found some notes about this and installed the recommended 1.4.2_12 java version but still the same problem.