cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TALLY T2265 Sprinter Pro with SAPscript

0 Kudos

Hello all,

we use the line printer TALLY T2265 Sprinter Pro for a special formular.

The text of the formular was printed with a normal report until now. The device type in SAP for the printer was 'ZTALLY'.

In these days there will be a change from the report into a SAPscript formular. But with SAPscript I can't get a print via device type 'ZTALLY'.

I tried to use the device types like 'MTxxx' for other TALLY printers, but it didn't work, too.

Does anybody have an idea how to get into a connection with T2265 via SAPscript?

Thanks a lot for any hint!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do you successfully print other printouts to this printer?

I don't understand why you try to change the device type, is it a new printer installed recently?

What doesn't work, exactly? (do you have nothing at your printer, or some parts don't print correctly?)

0 Kudos

Hello Sandra,

thanks for your requests.

With the same device type ('ZTALLY') and SAPsript there is no print out.

A colleague told me that I have to change the device type if I want to use SAPscript. But I don't know what I should use instead ZTALLY.

Do you have experiences with SAPscript and ZTALLY?

Any idea?

Thanks a lot!

antony_paul2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kliener,

You can always print it with device type SWIN ( Generally Output device with SWIN device type are LOCL/LP01, make Tally printer your default windows printer).

But this wont print if you have to print using a network printer.

Regards,

Anton

0 Kudos

Hello Anton,

thank you for your answere.

But for sure it must be a network printer because the printer is far away from me in an other city.

Thanks!

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to ask your administrator to get the device type from Tally.

0 Kudos

I am the administrator.

Ok, I am developer but they made me as an administrator, too.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you check if you have PVP in your system, it will be the simplest as maybe either SAP or Tally provides the device type and enhanced options.

[Note 1097563|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1097563] provides from which support package it is available.

See this [SDN document: SAP Printer Vendor Program intro|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/50316208-d1df-2b10-0f87-93d3ee44cf43] for more information.

[Note 1036961 - Device type selection wizard in transaction SPAD|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1036961]: contains 4 files:

• tspopi-yyyymmdd.zip containing tspopi-yyyymmdd.xml (list of manufacturers, list of printer models, device types, etc.) which you upload into SAP via output device maintenance, click wizard button and upload button (see operation guide attached).

• Detailed PDF operation guide attached.

• 2 zips (printers that support Japanese language, and other printers) containing 1 PDF each with list of Printer model/device type and where you can get the device type (standard, PVP, note).

0 Kudos

Hello Sandra, hello All,

thanks for all your information. Here is my result:

I contacted the responsible people for TALLY. I found them in the SAP hints.

Then I restarted implementing the device type ZTALLY.

I did some routines they told me and now I can reach the printer with SAPscript, too.

So everybody who has problems with a TALLY printer: go in contact with the responsible TALLY people.

Answers (0)