cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UB & NB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

How to distinguish Stock Transport order (UB) and Standard Purchase order (NB).

regards

raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its a very Basic Setting in IMG for Purchasing and fundamental is also very clear given in SAP as for every Purchase you will need to book it and it should consist of different and unique no. range.

whenever you create a PO with ME21N you can see the order type as Standard PO/STO/Frame work PO etc as per your Configured part. it always Controls the no. range you assigned in IMG.

Just open SPRO => MM => Purchasing => PO => Define no. range and Document type => you can see that you named as NB Stnd PO and UB STO and its there in ME21N.

Another thing is you can also control the Allowed item Cat. for this at Document type level only.,

as per this whenever you will select the Stnd PO it will choose NB Doc type and you will get a different PO no. for your Created PO and also you system will ask you the required fields you mentioned for this PO through fields selection key inserted at Doc Type, which will be as per the thumb rule you implemented in IMG.

try Do confirmatory tests in Development for your Learning Purpose.

Regards,

Ninad Kshirsagar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

steps:

- maintain the shipping data for plants for stock transfer processing (SPRO -> Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Purchase Order -> Set up Stock Transport Order -> Define Shipping Data for Plants)

- Assign Delivery Type and Checking Rule

- Assign Document Type, One-Step Procedure, Underdelivery Tolerance

- add a plant in vendor master data (extra data for purchasing)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

my question is ... can i create shipping tab for NB document type(apart from Inter compant STO)??

thanks

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No,shipping data comes only incase of STO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Shipping tab only appears in PO when a plant is assigned to the vendor master in purchasing view - additional purchasing data.

UB is for transfer posting between plants of same company code and NB is for plants assigned to different company codes.

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

PO happens when you are purchasing from a plant that doesnot belong to your company code meaning that a different Organisation ie a Vendor. whereas when you are using a STO it means that you are buying from a plant that is in your company code itself ie both the delevering plant and the receiving plant belong to the same organisation hope this helps.

regards

Vignesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for friends..

what about shipping tab??

i know For UB i will get Shipping Tab in PO...

What about NB..?? Can i create shipping tab for NB??

if yes How?

regards

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the most important point to note is that UB Stock Transport Order PO type is for Internal purchases. This scenario happens when there is a transfer posting between plants.

NB Standard Purchase Orders is a PO Order type for External purchases where you have external vendors.

Hope this clears things for you.