cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to extract master Data in to my local machine from R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i would like to extract Master Data say Customers from R3 system using MDM_CLNT_EXTR and want to know is it possible to extract it to my local machine instead of extracting to target system?

I want to take the IDOC.xml Master data and import it in to SAP MDM. As I am doing POC I want to know is it possible to download Customer/Material/Vendor Master data in to my Local PC?

Thanks

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

*Itu2019s possible to download the XML Files in your local PC from R3 system*

*1)First find the path of IDOC .XML files using T.Codes : WE02 or AL11 from R3 system.*

*2)After getting the path of IDOC .XML files go to T.Code CG3Y here specify the Source and Target file path.*

*I hope above information is useful answer to your question.*

*Regards,*

*Raghav.*

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I think it can be done. You can create a XML File Port and can use it to download data to R/3 Server, instead of sending it to PI.

later On you can copy this file from server to your local system and can import data into MDM from this file (* I am not sure but you may need to do some changes manually in the file in order you use standard import Maps of MDM.)

Try this and revert with the result.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Is it possible to download the Master data xml file on to my laptop instead of using R/3 server? I think there will be multiple IDOC.xml files right ? cant we have single xml file containing entire master data?

Thanks

Rajeev

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think you can download it to your local laptop in XML format using standard. (it would be great if we come to know way to download it to our local system).

Yes there will be multiple IDoc files, but you can define packet size maximum as 9999 (4 digits) in the partner Profile and output mode as "Collect IDocs". So, it will add 9999 IDocs in a file. This Partner Profile will be a dummy profile.

I would like to add one thing. This could be a workaround to acheive your requirement, but not the best practice.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

Yes,Its very easy to download data from R/3 to excel or text format.Only thing you have to do is go to that specific master

Table in R/3 like If it is customer master -- KNA1 Table and go to menu bar and download it...

Like this u can download all the master data from the ecc.Once the data is in ur system u can able to upload the same thru importmanager.

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Yugandhar