Did you mean: 

Schedling: OK with Basic dates but not with Forecast

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have created a project structure with following values:

PD start date: Example: 01.01.2010

Sch scenario: Bottom up

Planning method/ Basic: Bottom up (taking dates of higher level wbs into account)

Planning method/ Forecast: Bottom up (taking dates of higher level wbs into account)

With these settings, i have run scheduling:

Scheduling Basic dates: It is fine, the start date is 01.01.2010 and based on activity durations and relations, the scheduling is done.

Scheduling Forecast dates: Set date given is 01.01.2010

But scheduling result is different: For all WBSs, the Forecast start and finish are same 01.01.2010. The duration calculated for each WBS element is 1 day.

What would be the reason for this variance and i request please suggest the correction to achieve similar fucntionality with either of the scheduling date option (Basic or Forecast).

warm regards

ramSiva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think scheduling only adjusts basic dates - do check SAP help on that

you would then copy the basic dates to forecast as your baseline scenario

change basic dates and then reschedule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

Thank you for the reply.

Initially i have thought of retaining forecast dates and keep modify the basic dates.

But the names give a clear understanding that, 'basic' means base reference and forecast for subsequent change based on progress. Since, the users also understand in the same lines, i thought of finding a solution as described above.

However, i am able to get proper scheduling of forecast dates, if i transfer basic dates to forecast, before scheduling.

In this aspect, i am trying to fina out a validation / user status to ensure transfer of basic dates to forecast dates, before release of project.

Warm regards

ramSiva