cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval with completion in SRM is not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am not sure this is how standard built for Approval with Completion for Item Level Workflow.. Here is the scenario.. I am implementing custom BRF for Product approval ( Material Group ). My requirement is to activate 'INQUIRE' option in material group approval path..

I have configured as follows

Process level type 'Approval With Completion' Task id '40007952' Decision Type 'Item-Based decision for Entire document' for material group approval path.. The problem that i am facing is..say for example

I have 4 items in a SC . First 2 items product category is 'PRO_CAT1' , remaining 2 items product category is 'PRO_CAT2'. Approver for 'PRO_CAT1' is Approver1 and PRO_CAT2 approver is Approver2. Here is the problem when the workitem route for approval..

all the 4 items Approve / Inquire / Reject radio Buttons are editable for Approver1 or Approver2 . Which is wrong.. Once any of the approver take the decision the work item in other approver inbox will be automatically deleted which is also wrong.

My requirement is Approve / Inquire / Reject radio Buttons should be editable for respective approvers for their respective items.. for the above example Approver1 should be able to Approve or Inquire or Reject for first 2 items. Approver2 should be able to Approve or Inquire or Reject for remaining 2 items. But the system is behaving such a way that Approver1 and Approver2 are able to Approve or Inquire or Reject for all the 4 items.. my question is this how the Approval With Completion works for Item Level workflow?... Is Yes! then how can I implemented inquire option for item level approval?

Thanks,

John.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your SP version?

Approver can see all items in SC but can not make any decision for non-responsible items. Can you test the behavior with decision type 4 "Item Based Decision for Partial Document" ? If approver can approve/reject for non-responsible items, it is a bug. If you are talking about just item visibility, that is standard behavior.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thank you for this input, I am not sure whether you understand my requirement. Here is my requirement, I have to implement item based approval with inquire option. Is this possible? let us take an example.. Product category approval..If a SC has different Category then the respective category approval can only take the approve/inquire/reject for their respective item.

I tried to use '4 "Item Based Decision for Partial Document" for Approval with completion but system through an error message said I can't use '4 "Item Based Decision for Partial Document" for Approval with completion.

I also read the document from help.sap.com said we can only use decision type 1 and 2 for approval with completion.

is there a custom soluction for this requirement?

John

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got it. Your understanding is correct.

How about using decision type 4 and reject without inquiry for workaround? When items are rejected workitem goes back to SC owner.

Regards,

Masa

Answers (0)